Port, copy, migrate, or move a podcast / blog from 7.0 to 7.1

Hi there. I'm still kind of shocked that Squarespace provides no help in updating our blogs and podcasts from 7.0. The podcast scheme I'm using is basically embedded in a blog, which is how one was supposed to do it on 7.0 in the Avenue template.

If I were to decide to pay someone, buy a Chrome extension (I don't even use Chrome due to Google's predatory anti-privacy practices), etc etc, apparently maybe I could port a blog to 7.1. Or is it 7.2 now? In any case, would I have to mess around with my actual podcasting -- the URLs, the podcast episode notes, the audio files and related photos?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

-T from the Burning Tarot podcast (tiffanyleebrown.com)

Do you want the all-new design features of 7.1? The reason I ask is that the 7.1 blog page, where a podcase resides,  does not use Fluid Engine.  The layout options for a 7.1 blog are the same as in 7.0, the classic editor, using spacer blocks, etc. 7.1 Color palettes and Fonts are grouped in site styles and are easier to work with.  However, if you are moving to update your blog page I would experiment with a 7.1 blog page before making a move to it.

I am still using Avenue myself, but have greatly modified my blog pages with CSS Code. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 2 weeks later...