Site feedback needed please. New site and would love feedback.

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Our site went live about 5 months ago and I'm just now starting to learn what I should be doing in terms of refining and incorporating SEO. I welcome ANY and ALL feedback. I thought we would get more people to subscribe for updates and to order our $5 book. Thanks so much!

www.whatabouthellministry.com

Hey @jherzanek !

I think your site looks pretty good, actually. Sometimes it's a marketing issue instead of a site issue as to why people don't sign up. If no one knows about your site, then there aren't many people there to sign up! Take a look on the back end of your site at the traffic... if it's low, then it's a traffic issue. If you have good traffic, then there's something about your site that's causing them to not convert.

Here's a couple of things to tweak that could make a difference -

- On the announcement bar at the top, instead of saying "book sale", I would mention the fact that it's only $5. You could even just add the "$5" to say "$5 Book Sale". That way they know it's a small investment without having to click the banner to discover that it's a small investment.

- On the book page, remove the line about "please visit our donation page". The reason is, if people are on that page, the only action you want them to take is to purchase the book. But that link to the donation page is taking them somewhere else...which you don't want. IF you are going to leave it on the page, at least make the link open up an external tab so that it doesn't completely take them away from that page.

- Also, on the same page, I would change the green button to orange so that it matches the color palette. I haven't seen green anywhere else on the site (but maybe I missed it).

- Also it says "books" (plural) in the navigation, but when you click the link it just shows one book.

- I would add a section on the home page about the book. Right now, the only way someone that lands on the home page would know that you have a book is from the announcement bar at the top (which some people will miss). By adding a section, it not only calls out the book, but it also shows the image of the book - which is often what compels people to buy.

- Put an end date to the sale and that will also compel people to buy. When the discount is for an open ended amount of time, there's no urgency to buy.

- On the Blog page, I would remove the dates from the post since there's only 3 posts from last year and the timing is a bit sporadic. By removing the dates, people won't realize that you don't post regularly. I have a 4-part series on how to leverage your blog section that you can check out on my blog.

- Hyperlink your logo in the footer so that it takes you back to the home page.

Let me know if you have questions about anything 🙂

Jessica Miller | Squarespace Website Designer
https://www.jessicamiller.work
jessica@jessicamiller.work

Search the blog and get weekly Squarespace tips to your inbox
https://www.jessicamiller.work/blog

Want to pick my brain or get help? Book a free 15 minute call.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:28 PM, jherzanek said:

Our site went live about 5 months ago and I'm just now starting to learn what I should be doing in terms of refining and incorporating SEO. I welcome ANY and ALL feedback. I thought we would get more people to subscribe for updates and to order our $5 book. Thanks so much!

www.whatabouthellministry.com

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions. I really appreciate them all!