Font Bug - Font changes to Times Roman (or something like it) when I exit edit mode.

This has also happened to me for a client's site! I'm not even using custom fonts on this site. I can see all the correct fonts in editing mode but the live mode suddenly changed last week all to Times. I removed the (very limited) custom CSS, cleared my cache, opened it in an incognito window. I've scrubbed the backend for any additional coding the client might have put in (she didn't but I wanted to double check).

I am stumped. I don't know what to do or how to make the live site reflect the original design. It looks terrible with Times all over the site.

Can anyone help?

https://www.abovebeyondweddingdesigns.com/

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.22.47 PM.png

Hey there, I built a site for a client using Squarespace's fonts (no custom uploaded fonts on this one). I can see all the correct fonts in editing mode but the live mode suddenly changed last week all to Times New Roman. It's been live for over a month with the exact design I originally created and published and out of nowhere, it changed.

I've tried everything I can think of. I've removed the (very limited) custom CSS, cleared my cache/broswing data, opened it in an incognito window. I've scrubbed the backend for any additional coding the client might have put in (she didn't but I wanted to double check). There's nothing on the site that should be in any way affecting the live view.

I am stumped. I don't know what to do or how to make the live site reflect the original design. It looks terrible with Times all over the site. 

Can anyone help? See attached for what it should look like and link below for what it does look like.

MY CSS (for context): 

h2 strong {color: #8A7090;}
h3 strong {color: #EEE5E9;}

.sqs-block-html p a, .sqs-block-markdown p a, .sqs-block-image p a, .sqs-block-html blockquote a, .sqs-block-markdown blockquote a, .sqs-block-image blockquote a, .sqs-block-html ol a, .sqs-block-markdown ol a, .sqs-block-image ol a, .sqs-block-html ul a, .sqs-block-markdown ul a, .sqs-block-image ul a, h1 a, h2 a, h3 a {
      border: none !important; }

.Header-nav-item::after {
  content: '';
  background: #63B38F;
  height: 2px;
  width: 0;
  display: block;
  margin-top: 2px !important;
  transition: width 1.25s;
  margin: 0 auto;
}
.Header-nav-item:hover::after {
  width: 100%;
}

#block-641332c217fea5308e743996
h1 {font-size:85px;
letter-spacing: -0.04em}

#block-13795af51a2a007bafa7
h1 {
  color: #ECC8A7;
  -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;
  -webkit-text-stroke-width: 2px;
  -webkit-text-stroke-color: WHITE;
  text-shadow: 5px 5px 0 #ECC8A7;
}

#block-a3af9b257e7b5afc875c
h1 {
  text-shadow: 5px 5px 0 #214F4B;
}

#block-b46a4e54c9d46ed174fc
h1 {
}

#block-b998fdacd689b09193a4
h1 {
}

#block-4eac5be891f3cd027ec1
h1 {
}

.medium-button-shape-pill .sqs-block-button .sqs-block-button-element--medium:hover {
  background-color: #6EB38F;
  transition: 1s;
}

#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1678995208104_6054
h2{font-size:30px;
letter-spacing:-0.04em}

#block-6164b3bfc0179436adca
h1 {
}

#block-762feeb82c5ee2af66b7
h1 {
}

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.22.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.50.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.50.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.50.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.50.37 PM.png

Edited by ashleemundywebsitede
Forgot Attachments
On 4/30/2023 at 1:54 AM, ashleemundywebsitede said:

I built a site for a client using Squarespace's fonts (no custom uploaded fonts on this one). I can see all the correct fonts in editing mode but the live mode suddenly changed last week all to Times New Roman.

I recommend that you contact Squarespace Customer Care directly about this one as this looks like a bug or a licensing issue with the Typekit font. There's an error message on the site that you may want to refer them to:

Typekit: the domain "www.abovebeyondweddingdesigns.com" isn't in the list of published domains for kit "646866_641332909118b03974bfa6c0".

Let us know how you get on.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2023 at 8:47 PM, ashleemundywebsitede said:

This has also happened to me for a client's site! I'm not even using custom fonts on this site. I can see all the correct fonts in editing mode but the live mode suddenly changed last week all to Times. I removed the (very limited) custom CSS, cleared my cache, opened it in an incognito window. I've scrubbed the backend for any additional coding the client might have put in (she didn't but I wanted to double check).

Can anyone help?

Yes! What the heck? I thought I was going crazy! Did it ever go back?

When I looked in the fonts menu, the font pack we were using wasn't there anymore, so I thought maybe it had just been disabled by squarespace or something, but I added it back manually and it disappeared again.

Really frustrated, it's derailing me from the stuff I actually need to get done on this site.

https://corsosystems.com/

Suddenly the Futura PT font is not showing correctly in my browser!  It appears fine on my mobile Android device, but browsing in Chrome and Edge it is showing me Times New Roman instead - even in the Squarespace back-end.

Help!

Capture.PNG

Edited by Mary-Grace
clarity

@Mary-Grace yes, this is an ongoing issue. Please continue to screenshot and report these types of issues to Squarespace via email. They initially said it was an issue with Adobe fonts (like Futura PT), but this is also happening with other fonts as well. It's extremely inconsistent and frustrating. Sometimes you can try to pick a different font, save, then go back to Futura PT and save again and it clears the issue...but it's hit or miss. 

Edited by palacino

@GrandStrand64 yes, this is an ongoing issue. Please continue to screenshot and report these types of issues to Squarespace via email. They initially said it was an issue with Adobe fonts (like Futura PT), but this is also happening with other Google fonts as well. It's extremely inconsistent and frustrating. According to their support, sometimes you can try to pick a different font, save, then go back to your original font and save again and it clears the issue...but it's hit or miss.