What is the standard process to charge clients for Squarespace subscription and hosting etc?

Go to solution Solved by sayreambrosio,

Hi all, 

I'm fairly new to selling Squarespace builds to my clients, and I'm wondering what the standard/best practise is when it comes to charging clients for their Squarespace Subscription, hosting, ongoing charges etc etc. Am I best to just add the clients credit card as a payment method, or make use of the 20% discount, pay for it myself and then charge the client for this?

Any feedback/suggestions is greatly appreciated 🙂

Regards,

Jaclyn

• Solution
12 minutes ago, studiojacandco said:

Hi all, 

I'm fairly new to selling Squarespace builds to my clients, and I'm wondering what the standard/best practise is when it comes to charging clients for their Squarespace Subscription, hosting, ongoing charges etc etc. Am I best to just add the clients credit card as a payment method, or make use of the 20% discount, pay for it myself and then charge the client for this?

Any feedback/suggestions is greatly appreciated 🙂

Regards,

Jaclyn

Everyone does it differently. I don't pay for the client hosting up front. That's on them to take care of. I use Honeybook for all my contract stuff and never have to deal directly with customer credit card info. What I have found most people are okay with is I create the site, add them as a contributor/co-owner after they pay my invoice in full (not before with full permission). Once they are added I walk them through how to purchase their plan and any other add-ons they are purchasing. Once they are settled I transfer the site and leave my self on as a contributor if I am maintaining and remove myself if I'm not.

I agree with @sayreambrosio. This is pretty much how I do it. Then you aren't left hanging, paying for someone else's site and the hassle that ensues. If they insist on you picking up the tab for anything, run, don't walk.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 11 months later...