syncing events page with google calendar

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Is there any way to use a google calendar to create events is squarespace? My group has a google calendar that a few people can edit and I would like to use that as a basis for the events page on our website. I cannot keep track of every change to the google calendar and edit the squarespace page, so I gave up on having a squarespace calendar and embedded the google calendar. It works but it looks awful.

• Solution
11 hours ago, info79 said:

Is there any way to use a google calendar to create events is squarespace?

Squarespace Events collections cannot be synchronised with a third party data source, such as a Google calendar but, as you mentioned, you can embed a third party calendar service as a replacement for the built in Events page.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• John_SQSP changed the title to syncing events page with google calendar
  • 8 months later...

Can this feature be added? Having any type of calendar that cannot also be accessed via the ical format in 2024 seems almost archaic at this point. Ripping out the events page and adding a calendar widget is also not a suitable compromise, because of the deep integration with other features in the site.

One should be able to have all the nice things about the events page and allow people to subscribe to a .ics subscription to receive the same information in their calendar apps.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:59 PM, alanmcseveney said:

Can this feature be added?

I have already formally requested this feature. You can too!

Squarespace doesn’t use this forum to track feature requests so, if you'd like to raise this as a feature request, you are encouraged to contact Squarespace directly by raising a ticket through Squarespace Customer Support. (Circle members can use this link)

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, info79 said:

Is there any way to use a google calendar to create events is squarespace? My group has a google calendar that a few people can edit and I would like to use that as a basis for the events page on our website. I cannot keep track of every change to the google calendar and edit the squarespace page, so I gave up on having a squarespace calendar and embedded the google calendar. It works but it looks awful.

I think this needs to be escalated to the top. Can we use Zapier by chance?