Help! My Website is showing as password needed still

Hi All!

I purchased my domain and Business Plan this morning and published my website with it set to "Public". Everything looked perfect and now it's password protected and no one can view it. I've not received any errors or emails from Squarespace nor have I changed anything. Any help would be VERY appreciated. 

~Elaine

• Replies 7
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's understandable to feel frustrated after encountering an unexpected issue with your website. Have you checked your website's settings to ensure that the password protection has not been enabled accidentally? Additionally, you may want to contact Squarespace customer support for assistance with resolving the issue. They should be able to provide further insight into what might be causing the problem and offer guidance on how to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is a late response, however maybe this can help someone else out.

I just had this problem. I went in and changed my website from password protected to public. I checked several hours later and it was still showing up as password protected. I'm making the assumption that you are doing this from the desktop.

Step 1: Go to https://account.squarespace.com

Step 2: for the website in question click on the "WEBSITE" button.

Step 3: Click on the "EDIT" button.

Step 4: Click The top center where it says Page password protected.

Step 5: This brings you to page settings. Under general you should see a section that says password. Delete what's there. Close the dialog box and save the website.

Your website should now be public. If this is not what's happening for you, then I'm sorry for wasting your time and best of luck. Just wanted to share what worked for me.