Deleted Products Keep Reappearing in Products List, Labeled as "Deleted" and Not Editable

Let me start by saying that I don't think this is an active problem, but it is kind of annoying.

Context: I created some new products in my shop 1-2 weeks ago, but then decided that I wanted them to all be different options under one listing. I made the listing the way I wanted it and deleted the other hidden products I'd made. I don't know if it matters, but I selected all 13 of them and deleted them at one time. It was a little slow to delete, with a few of the hidden products remaining after I clicked the delete button, but that had happened to me before and all I had to do then was a combination of just keep selecting and deleting until they were gone/refresh the page. So that's what I did this time too. All the hidden products were gone and everything looked normal.

The issue: The next time I returned to this screen (Pages > Shop > All) I saw that a few of these hidden products were still there, except they weren't "HIDDEN", they were "DELETED" (see attached photos). I selected them again and deleted them again and they disappeared... until the next time I came back to this screen. I can't get them to disappear for good. Sometimes it's just one, sometimes it's up to 3 of them. They aren't appearing on the actual shop page (www.sixthstationstudio.com/shop) and I tried guessing the specific product URL (https://www.sixthstationstudio.com/shop/p/cortinarius-paladin-original) and it can't find anything, so from the customer side everything is acting normal. However, from the designer side, I don't know how to make these ghost listings go away. When I click on them, they show me the specific product page (see attached photo) as though it still exists, but if I try to edit the product, the loading square keeps flipping over forever and nothing actually loads, I have to go back and reload the page. They only appear in the products lists as accessed through selecting Pages. They do not appear in Commerce > Inventory.

I am in Squarespace 7.1 on Chrome, not sure what other info I might need to provide.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 210814.png

Screenshot 2023-03-21 211722.png

Screenshot 2023-03-21 213714.png

• 2 weeks later...

Same, six products that continue to show in my list under the Pages>Store view. They don't show under the Commerce>Inventory view though, so I'm assuming it's some technical issue with data storage or caching that us users can't fix and probably a bug developers will have to hunt down. 😞

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is not much we can do to help with an SS backend issue. Please Contact Customer Support.

It sounds like a corrupted collection to me. Or at least some of the items in the collection are corrupted.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...

Having this issue too, and understand it needs to be reported as a bug. 

However, I did find a workaround in the interim for those who are having issues with categories showing, which you'd rather delete, or at least not have show up on your shop page.

Under the shop settings, I accessed the Categories tab, then edited the categories I no longer want, then toggled off enable page and filter visibility. Now, only the categories I want to display - at least fixing the client side of things. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've deleted products about a dozen times now. Each time, different products I've already deleted return. It's whack-a-mole preventing me from actually getting my work updating my site, done. This happens every time I make changes to my inventory, and always has; WHY hasn't this been fixed, yet.

• 3 weeks later...