Delay in domain transfer from Wix to Squarespace - No Website!

Advice please!

I am in the process of transferring a clients domain from Wix to their new website. The status has been sitting in as "Transfer in Progress" since yesterday. I know that the knowlegebase says that it can take up to 15 days but in the meantime my clients website is coming up with the dreaded:

Looks Like This Domain Isn't
Connected To A Website Yet!

Any thoughts on what I can do in the meantime? I can't have their website non existent for 15 days! I've emailed Wix to see if they could check on status but not sure what else to do. Is there a way to redirect the URL to the Squarespace website for now?

Edited by jenq
  • Replies 4
  • Views 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, jenq said:

Advice please!

I am in the process of transferring a clients domain from Wix to their new website. The status has been sitting in as "Transfer in Progress" since yesterday. I know that the knowlegebase says that it can take up to 15 days but in the meantime my clients website is coming up with the dreaded:

Looks Like This Domain Isn't
Connected To A Website Yet!

Any thoughts on what I can do in the meantime? I can't have their website non existent for 15 days! I've emailed Wix to see if they could check on status but not sure what else to do. Is there a way to redirect the URL to the Squarespace website for now?

Whoever is receiving the emails for the transfer needs to keep an eye out. Sometimes an email will go out that gives an option to accept the transfer request immediately (it will come from Wix). HOWEVER if you aren't familiar with Wix's backend/emails to customers, I suggest to leave it alone and process normally because if you hit the wrong link it will deny the transfer and you'll be stuck for another 30 to 60 days on Wix with the domain. I just went through this with a domain myself.

Not sure if you can do it now while you're waiting for it to transfer but ALWAYS connect BEFORE you transfer to any new platform if your domain comes from Wix. As of right now there is no forwarding without Velo code/custom code on Wix to a new provider.

In my experience it doesn't take the entire 15 days, but mine have all taken about 7 if I don't receive that email about about 3 if I do and can speed it up.

• 4 months later...

I transferred my domain from Wix to Squarespace 3 days ago and still see "transfer pending" on my domain settings on Squarespace so I still see an error message if I go to my domain. Is there something I am missing or does this just take unusually long with Wix to Squarespace. GoDaddy and Bluehost for example transfer to Squarespace within a matter of hours.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 9.53.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 9.53.32 PM.png

1 hour ago, mazzarellomedia said:

I transferred my domain from Wix to Squarespace 3 days ago and still see "transfer pending" on my domain settings on Squarespace so I still see an error message if I go to my domain. Is there something I am missing or does this just take unusually long with Wix to Squarespace. GoDaddy and Bluehost for example transfer to Squarespace within a matter of hours.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 9.53.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 9.53.32 PM.png

Wix can take up to 7 business days to transfer. Sometimes they send an email where you can accept it right away and sometimes they don't. I work with them as well and they are hit or miss on domain transfers. Some take an hour and some take the full length of time. You could try reaching out and seeing if something is hung up on their end, but no guaranteee they will be of any help.