My blog post are not being indexed by google.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:51 PM, asapasap said:

I noticed in the blog post settings, under 'share' in the options, there is a toggle to submit the posts to Google Search Console. I turned that on and will retest my site tomorrow after requesting another pass at indexing. I notice it's doing this on my products, too... but I will have to see if that is controlled elsewhere as I'm provided a different set of options for the individual products. 

screenshot.png

On 6/13/2022 at 6:45 PM, BobbyMillette said:

Site URL: https://www.bobbymillette.com/

Hi,

It seems that most of my blog post are not being indexed by google. I have submitted my sitemap and I have also submitted each page manually. I talked to two squarespace support agents and they basically just pointed me to an article that doesn't help. My pages are all set to public and there is no code injected on the site that would set it to no index. I would contact google but it's almost impossible to reach a real person. Anyone know what could be going on?

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 9.43.19 PM.png

33 minutes ago, QuickDog said:

Is that feature only on 7.1?

No.

I don't see that feature on 7.0.

image.png.c64505d9620ed270eaeab92c0616d12b.png

This option is not a suitable fix for a generalized issue for content not being indexed.

The first step to getting potential help is to provide a URL to the blog page.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, Jen-X said:

My fingers are crossed that this will solve the indexing issue. Squarespace told me they found dummy text on my sitemap and that that was what was causing the issue, so I wrote a blog post about it and hope we can all get our blog posts indexed now. If not, the issue outlined in the blog post is one that needs to be resolved either way. I hope this helps. 

Hi @Jen-X this extra text in the sitemap doesn't play a role in indexing. And the good news is that Google deprecated these tags back in August 2022: https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2022/05/spring-cleaning-sitemap-extensions

@nico3d if you don't see expected URLs in the sitemap after ~24 hours, you can ask SS support to regenerate it for you. 

And @creedon is correct, the "share" option shown above is not a solution for indexing issues. FWIW I can't think of a single client site that ever used this "share" feature.

Edited by ChristineDarby
additional info

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 3 weeks later...

@ChristineDarby thank you for sharing. It was Squarespace who instructed me to remove the dummy text and told me that was what was causing the indexing issue. I have since removed the text and requested indexing to no avail. However, if I request indexing one blog post at a time, I am having success. 

I am a blogger who launched www.bikekitz.com in October 2018.