Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

My blog post are not being indexed by google.

Site URL: https://www.bobbymillette.com/

Hi,

It seems that most of my blog post are not being indexed by google. I have submitted my sitemap and I have also submitted each page manually. I talked to two squarespace support agents and they basically just pointed me to an article that doesn't help. My pages are all set to public and there is no code injected on the site that would set it to no index. I would contact google but it's almost impossible to reach a real person. Anyone know what could be going on?

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 9.43.19 PM.png

I'm not having much luck with this sort of thing either. I agree too with difficulty in trying to find real person to ask anything of...and not just being directed to irrelevant info.

sorry, no answer for you, just another question...

"Connect your Google Search Console account

The Search keywords panel shows how visitors locate your site. Connect and verify your site in this panel and return later to review the data:

1. In the Home menu, click Analytics.
  2. Click Search keywords.
  3. Click Connect in the panel's pop-up...."

what pop-up saying connect?
there is none...

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Alison

This is a problem that Squarespace needs to address. I have at least 6 blogs that haven’t been indexed since March. I’ve requested that they be indexed and taken all of the proper steps to have them indexed, but there is still something keeping them in the “discovered, not indexed” status, while I have WordPress blogs created more recently have been indexed without issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

As painful as it is, have you tried manually requesting an index?

image.png.8447996d497df179185bf9fc46e09ac2.png

FWIW, I too am in struggleville on this matter:

image.png.674ba85d1e91f0c4737d1eb1e4270ea2.png

I'm trying to manually request index for a week and see if this makes any significant difference.

Good luck to all, looks like we're on our own on this one.