Removing gallery page titles on Avenue

Hello everyone!

I’m having a bit of trouble because on my new site I want to use gallery pages, however at the moment whenever I use them the page title appears on the right side of the page, offsetting everything to the left (which used to be centred).

http://www.puppydust.co.uk/design#/test-1/

I’d like to just remove the title altogether. It seems fine if I don’t include the gallery page inside an index (although it then doesn’t use the stacked gallery that I want). I’m using the Avenue template.

Can someone advise on how I can remove the title? Thanks!

Edited by kimoni
  • Replies 11
  • Views 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, kimoni said:

Hello everyone!

I’m having a bit of trouble because on my new site I want to use gallery pages, however at the moment whenever I use them the page title appears on the right side of the page, offsetting everything to the left (which used to be centred).

http://www.puppydust.co.uk/design#/test-1/

I’d like to just remove the title altogether. It seems fine if I don’t include the gallery page inside an index (although it then doesn’t use the stacked gallery that I want). I’m using the Avenue template.

Can someone advise on how I can remove the title? Thanks!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

.project-meta {
    display: none;
}
#projectPages .project.active-project {
    margin-right: 0 !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thanks so much for your reply - this works!

Only thing is for some reason now my gallery pages display differently on the site than in my editor - In the editor it’s a stacked layout whereas on my site it’s carousel.

Is there any way I can switch it to stacked layout in the main site?

Alternatively, the carousel is nice but I feel it needs left/right arrows on either side of the main image so it’s clear how to navigate. Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks

Edited by kimoni
On 1/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, kimoni said:

Thanks so much for your reply - this works!

Only thing is for some reason now my gallery pages display differently on the site than in my editor - In the editor it’s a stacked layout whereas on my site it’s carousel.

Is there any way I can switch it to stacked layout in the main site?

Alternatively, the carousel is nice but I feel it needs left/right arrows on either side of the main image so it’s clear how to navigate. Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks

It looks like you setup site access password. What is password?

Or send to forum message

On 1/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, kimoni said:

Oh sorry, yes it's kim22

https://kimoni.squarespace.com/grind-the-ocean

Here's an example of a page I'd like change.. is it possible to have left/right arrows by the image?

Is it also possible to increase the thumbnail size?

This support dots, numers, prev/next only

image.thumb.png.c2f7b83ee775512644736f97d41522c5.png

Or send to forum message

Thanks for your reply. I see you've got the prev/next text enabled there (as well as the dots)... How can I enable those?

Secondly, I have entered a description for some entries in the gallery. How can I get this to display on the page? At the moment it seems impossible to display any accompanying text with the gallery, meaning there's no info available at all 😕

14 hours ago, kimoni said:

Thanks for your reply. I see you've got the prev/next text enabled there (as well as the dots)... How can I enable those?

Secondly, I have entered a description for some entries in the gallery. How can I get this to display on the page? At the moment it seems impossible to display any accompanying text with the gallery, meaning there's no info available at all 😕

#1. To enable Prev/Next, add this to Design > Custom CSS

/* gallery prev next */
.collection-type-gallery #simpleControls {
    display: block;
}

#2. Can you take a screenshot of image when you fill in Description in Edit mode?

Or send to forum message

44 minutes ago, kimoni said:

Here is what I see, I double click on an image in the gallery to add a description/caption. However I don't know how to display this on the page.

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 09.27.08.png

Maybe this template doesn't support show description in frontend. (You can contact Squarespace Customer Care to ask for this)

I also have no way to help you with this

Or send to forum message