Modify details on gift card notification

Site URL: https://www.lionatpennard.co.uk/shop/p/vouchers

Hi,

I want to sell gift vouchers on my site and the closest way I can do it is by setting them up as gift card products. This all seems to work OK, but there seems to be some pre-populated details on the email notification when the gift card is purchased. I'm able to edit the look and feel of the email, but is there a way I can edit the pre-populated fields. I specifically want to edit/remove this line: To redeem your gift card, go to Site Title as well as replace any references to gift cards.

Thanks for all your support on this great forum

C

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot edit the gift card details, only update the style. You can change the title of the email so it says Gift Voucher but any other place (like the gift card details and checkout), you can't change it. Since Squarespace is a US company, they use US terms -- such as gift cards instead of gift vouchers or gift tokens in the UK.

14 hours ago, clockyer said:

I want to sell gift vouchers on my site and the closest way I can do it is by setting them up as gift card products.

If you want to sell gift vouchers that can be redeemed in person (as opposed to being redeemed for online purchases) then another alternative is to create them using standard products, and then create your own emails or physical cards manually.

If the customer wants a physical card, then it's best to create a 'physical' product as it will prompt for shipping details and shipping costs. If you want to sell an electronic option that you can email (manually, not using Squarespace) then a 'service' product will allow customers to purchase an item that does not require shipping. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.