Feedback and help on drop downs

Site URL: https://kimberleygraceofficial.com/course-kits

Hi,

I have created the above website for my clients

password KG2020

It's been very complicated as they added on different features after kickoff so i had to use a shopify buy button as they need laybuy integration and squarespace didn't support.

My drop down menus don't appear to be able to be clicked? Can someone help asap please??

thanks so much

• Replies 4
  • Views 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to say what is causing the drop-down issue. @PoppyB

A guess would be the cursor effect causing it. Try to disable it. If it's not that, I would disable one feature at a time (in custom css and code injection), and you'll eventually find the issue this way.

Nice work with the website, and good luck!

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

Thank you so much for checking it out and advising.

I have removed the cursor effect and the folders are working; I'm so grateful!! They really wanted glitter on the site and the cursor was as far as I was willing to go (for aesthetic purposes) ha ha - will try and find a workaround.

Thanks so much - handing over on Wednesday, nervous and excited 🙂

Your drop down boxes might look better with a bit of drop shadow. I have that on mine, its made with avenue, a 7.0 template. Here is the code I used in custom CSS, color and shadow can be easily adjusted. 

#topNav nav .folder-collection .subnav {
    background: #fff !important;box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px rgba(0,0,0,0.25)
}

The hex color code #fff is white and you can change the color if  you want changing the code. 

Here is the Hex code finder I use:

https://htmlcolorcodes.com/

Derrick 

https://www.myrandomviews.com/

Edited by myrandomviews

Hey @PoppyB

A few bits of constructive critique that may help you:

• Consider your use of space. The navigation takes up a 3rd of the page on desktop which is not going to be great for users. And it doesn't need to go onto two lines
  • On the "Course Kits" page, it's not actually clear where you want users to click to view a product. Sure, most folks know the title is the way but there's no visual indication.
  • Line spacing in the footer is inconsistent
  • You may also wish to consider chasing down higher quality versions of the logos
  • Your FAQ page could possibly benefit from Accordions (These are good) or anchor links to make navigation easier
  • It's a bit odd that you only seem to have animation on 2 images on the homepage and nowhere else
  • Check your CSS. Some pages show the below on mobile

image.thumb.png.15696deac373112ffb4d595ad4b55ce2.png

Good luck on your launch

Work With Me 🖥️💻📱

Please remember to tag me so that I get a notification and respond to your help requests.

If my answers have helped you, please drop a like and mark my answer as best to help other users find solutions quickly.

You can also thank me or make requests by buying me a coffee . (Caffeine fuels me to take more requests)

For Squarespace Tips & Tricks, visit @squareskills (Youtube 📺 Tutorials)

For Premium and FREE plugins, visit Squareskills (Plugin Store) 🧩

Some links may be affiliate/referral links.