Carrier Calculated Shipping

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,

My client has their own shipping provider which isn't FEDex / UPS / USPS.

But they still want to calculate their shipping rates based on the volume of the package being delivered. They will be shipping products out from India to all countries and within India as well.

Will Carrier Calculated Shipping work for them?

Can someone explain to me how Carrier Calculated shipping actually works? Does it mean that if we use this, products MUST be shipped using FedEX / UPS / USPS? Cause from the Squarespace support page it says it only supports for shipping within the US.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Edited by MatthewRozario
  • Solution
On 7/29/2021 at 5:29 AM, MatthewRozario said:

My client…will be shipping products out from India to all countries. Will Carrier Calculated Shipping work for them? The Squarespace support page it says it only supports for shipping within the US.

A merchant outside the US cannot use Carrier Calculated Shipping on Squarespace. They will need to manually calculate costs instead, based on weights/volumes.

If you need this feature, I recommend Shopify, as they offer carrier-calculated shipping in a number of countries. on the checkout page! For example:

• Real-time Australia Post and StarTrack shipping rates in Australia
  • Completely automate Parcelforce shipping in the UK
  • Display live Canada Post shipping rates at checkout
Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, roxner said:

Has anyone heard when or if Squarespace's E-commerce will be offering Calculated Carrier Shipping Rates via Canada Post?

No new carrier calculated shipping options are expected.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.