Contributor can't be added - 'you already have permissions on this site'

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I am trying to add a contributor to my site. 

I have used settings > permission > invite contributor. 

When the contributor tries to accept the email, they receive an error - "You already have permissions on this site"

However, when the contributor logs into Squarespace our site is not available to them. It simply doesn't show up. Further, when I refresh the settings>permissions page, their name is only ever under 'invites sent'. They are never able to receive access as a contributor. 

We have tried: Refreshing cache, logging in via incognito window, and copy/pasting the invitation link instead of clicking the invitation email. Nothing works. Please help!

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.22.55 am.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, sweekes said:

I am trying to add a contributor to my site. 

I have used settings > permission > invite contributor. 

When the contributor tries to accept the email, they receive an error - "You already have permissions on this site"

However, when the contributor logs into Squarespace our site is not available to them. It simply doesn't show up. Further, when I refresh the settings>permissions page, their name is only ever under 'invites sent'. They are never able to receive access as a contributor. 

We have tried: Refreshing cache, logging in via incognito window, and copy/pasting the invitation link instead of clicking the invitation email. Nothing works. Please help!

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.22.55 am.png

Has anyone solved this?  What a stupid thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
28 minutes ago, HannahHarper2022 said:

I have tried all the above with no success and very frustrated!

If the advice above didn't help, please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 1 year later...

I also had this issue when I was testing transfers with myself before trying it with clients.  What I did was: copy the invite from the account the invite was sent from and pasted it in my browser.  I was able to move forward that way and sign it with my email to the account I wanted to receive it with .  Then, the site showed up on my account.