Adding Category Descriptions by Category Page

On 1/10/2024 at 7:32 AM, sarah97 said:

When I add the codes, I always get an error message about the syntax.

You are putting HTML/JavaScript in Custom CSS. Only CSS can go in CSS. My instructions will tell you exactly where code should be installed.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

8 hours ago, sarah97 said:

I've added the code to the code block on my page and it still doesn't work. Maybe I'm using the wrong code.

You are missing code. Go to my instructions and include the entire code I mention starting with the line...

<script data-twc-splcda type="application/ld+json">

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Okay, that's what I did.

But the description is not displayed on the site.
With the code, all the shop pages have disappeared.

Is it possible for you to give me the whole code, maybe I'm not writing it the right way?

Should I add it in the code injection block in the header or in the block on my collections page?

I don't know why it's not working?

Thank you for your patience and your answers.

Capture d’écran 2024-01-14 à 15.32.22.png

Capture d’écran 2024-01-14 à 15.44.53.png

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I, like others here, am trying to add a custom description to the top of each of my category pages.

My site is public: https://www.bbcareerconsulting.com/

Store page: https://www.bbcareerconsulting.com/1on1-services

I want to create customized descriptions at the top of each of the Recent Grad, Early Career, Mid Career, Executive, and C-suite category pages.

What I'd really like is to have the title, a subheading (e.g., Less than 5 years of experience), and a brief 3-4 line blurb/description at the top of each of the category pages.

I've tried to follow the instructions to at least take care of the title and description, but literally nothing is showing up. I have been going around and around with this for 2 days. I appreciate any insight / help!

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, BBCareerConsulting said:

I've tried to follow the instructions to at least take care of the title and description, but literally nothing is showing up.

Please follow the first install step.

• Install twcsl. After you install twcsl be sure to continue on with the rest of the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

23 hours ago, BBCareerConsulting said:

I did install the twcsl (downloaded it, added a link page (under not linked), and uploaded the file prior to adding the code.

I have looked at your site and I see no signs that twcsl is installed.

Without twcsl being installed I am unable to help further.

Hi. Just like everyone else in this thread, I'm trying to get a description to my categories. I want to start with this particular one please: https://www.reytdesigns.com/shop-arb02/drinkware/travel-mugs 

My site is public. I have installed twcsl but I'm just scared to go any further to be honest. 

Am I right in thinking that I should add the code to Website Tools - Code Injection (the whole site rather than Page Header Injectior via shop as I already have a code there allowing me to sort my items alphabetically)?

Apologies if this sounds daft, but the only time I had something to do with coding was about 25 years ago and we were designing a simple calculator 🙂

I would like the description to say: 'Introducing our funny 14oz Stainless Steel Travel Mugs featuring best-selling quotes, must-have companions for your daily adventures. Crafted for durability and convenience, our travel mugs are designed to keep your beverages at the perfect temperature for longer periods. With their modern and sublimated designs, they're suitable for any occasion, whether you're commuting to work, travelling, or enjoying outdoor activities. Please note, handwash only for optimal care. Not suitable for microwave use.'

In future, I would like to change the whole store to this kind of model. I understand that there is a variation of the code to include all the categories.

If anyone could help that would save me hours of adding 100s of descriptions to each and individual mug and probably even more swearing 🙂

Thank you in advance

Edited by MiaReytDesigns
spelling
45 minutes ago, MiaReytDesigns said:

I have installed twcsl

Excellent! First bit of code is in!

Am I right in thinking that I should add the code to Website Tools - Code Injection (the whole site rather than Page Header Injectior via shop as I already have a code there allowing me to sort my items alphabetically)?

If you are referring to the category effect code itself, many of my Store page based code effects can be installed either for the Store page only or site-wide. Most folks only have one store so I suggest adding it to the Page Header Code Injection for the Store page. Both methods are usually described in my install instructions for the code.

When installing code, where other code already exists you do have to be careful not to disturb the other code. The code editor can be a bit finicky. I think the thing that trips most folks up is they click, paste, and save and the insertion cursor isn't where they thought it was, therefor messing up the code.

Proceed with deliberateness and check each code insertion before saving! If there is a bad insertion, cancel! Don't try to repair. You've already got the new code on the clipboard so it's easier just to cancel and try again.

In many cases you can just put the insertion point before all the other code already there and paste. Then hit the return a couple of times to get a line between the new code and the existing code. It's easier to read where one code ends and the other starts.

Let us know how it goes.

10 hours ago, creedon said:

Let us know how it goes.

First of all, thank you for replying and taking your time.

As per the insturctions ( I think lol), I put the code into the Page Header code but nothing happens. 

I have also followed these instructions (tried both separately and together): 

• Add a section to the store page list as the last section.

• Add a code block to the section and set the content to the following. Read the code for any instructions within...

And this is what happens:

image.thumb.png.2433f4d2bd8190ec56bc98242a0b6f2e.png

I've saved it, logged out and back in (thought maybe the oldest trick in the worls would work) but nothing changed. Coding is like black magic to me so I apologise if I'm wasting your time.

Thanks again

10 hours ago, MiaReytDesigns said:

As per the insturctions ( I think lol), I put the code into the Page Header code but nothing happens. 

I do not see the store page list categories description add code installed in the page header code injection.

• 2 weeks later...

Please help!

I've been trying to add unique subheading text to my individual category pages with no such luck. I would like the option to have a subheading for all of my category pages, but you can really notice it on the Last Chance and Archive sections as there is no spacing (I've attached pictures for reference).

Is there a possibility that anyone can help me with it? My website is shadedthelabel.com and its a public website, so not password protected.

It would be great to add a 'block section' like this one with text overlaying the picture, but I then find its duplicated itself across the whole store, and I would want individual ones for each category. So, if you know if it's possible to add a block section that is unique to each category page, that would be lifesaving! 

Thank you all for your help on this, I truly appreciate it. 

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 09.40.53.png

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 09.34.29.png

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 09.33.24.png

Hi Creedon,

I want to start by saying that I have zero skills in coding but have tried putting in the code as in the description and I can't get it to work. I've tried everything possible but I don't really understand what to do. Can you please help me, I have been on this for two days with no success. Do you or maybe someone else have the ability to create a step-by-step video tourtrial for those of us who are not used to coding?

I would really appreciate the help!

Best Rergards,

On 3/1/2024 at 2:06 AM, FloatShaded said:

It would be great to add a 'block section' like this one with text overlaying the picture

Have you tried my Store Page List Category Section Reveal?

but I then find its duplicated itself across the whole store

This is how sections work for Store pages, hence my code above which manipulates these shared sections so that only one shows for each category.

Let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 5:39 PM, creedon said:

I have looked at your site and I see no signs that twcsl is installed.

Without twcsl being installed I am unable to help further.

Hi Creedon,

I finally got the twcsl installed correctly and my descriptions are showing successfully. Is there a way to make the actual description text smaller than the Category title itself? I feel the current text is too large.

public website: https://www.bbcareerconsulting.com/

store page: https://www.bbcareerconsulting.com/1on1-services

Thank you in advance for your expertise and insight.

On 3/24/2024 at 12:48 PM, BBCareerConsulting said:

Is there a way to make the actual description text smaller than the Category title itself?

Use the data-paragraph-style attribute described in install instructions.