Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Video not playing on mobile?

Video banners don’t always display on mobile devices and it can sometimes feel like hit and miss because there are so many (constantly evolving!) factors that affect whether the video will play. Some are OS based and others are browser based, including connection speed, battery level and video embed attributes.

If the fallback image loads in place of the video, it's probably one of these factors. However, if neither the image or the video loads, you may want to reach out to Squarespace Customer Care to help you troubleshoot.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

• 1 month later...

@paul2009 I'm having the same issue of banner video not playing on mobile (This site PW: letmein).

My client pointed out this site's banner video does play on mobile. Granted, this is a WP site but it makes me wonder why does this work on WP and not SS?

Maybe there's some other way to get the appearance of a background video on mobile with SS... perhaps a .gif (as backup image) to give the appearance of a video? 

Any thoughts?

Thanks.