Feedback on (yet one more!) photo site

Site URL: https://www.davidmarquez.se/

Hi!

https://www.davidmarquez.se/

I recently moved to 7.1 and decided to redo the site by having only the bare minimum and just let my portfolio speak for itself. Photo categories were completely removed and I have the photos shown large enough so there is no need for an extra click.

I'd appreciate the feedback: Does it feel too simple? Are the photos on a good size? Bigger contact button maybe?

Let me know what you think, thanks!

David

Edited by dmarquez
title
  • dmarquez changed the title to Feedback on (yet one more!) photo site
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the simplest photography sites that has been posted here for folks to look at.

It is also one of the most effective for getting the photographer's "point of view" across to a visitor. 

Very smart site in my opinion. The only suggestions I have is to make the footer a bit sharper, add a horizontal line and underneath that  another can't miss contact button. Also a simple back to top button or link in case vistors want a second look at the images. 

You can keep it simple by pasting this in a code block in your footer under the horizontal line:

<p><a href="#" class="btt"> Back to Top </a></p>

Edited by derricksrandomviews

@joequint I have a quite narrow niche so I didn't see it necessary to have different categories. I personally don't like clicking through different photo categories when I see someone's portfolio. I just want to see the best of someones work. I agree, a call to action somewhere always visible might help? Maybe I am showing too much photos and I should edit myself?
Glad you like my work! ☺️ 

Great website and nice to see another swede here!😊

My first impression with the site was amazing, I really liked how you made the margins on the side so narrow, and hade the same width around every photo. I haven't seen a website have it like that before so it did an impression on me.

Regarding improvements, I think it is a bit too simple (not the design, it is perfect) and I almost forgot the purpose of the site. A solution to this: Hide 70% of your photos. Then at the bottom of your page, add a "Show more" button and a contact form with a short introduction.

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

@RasmusMFellow Swede!

Glad you like it! I'll edit myself and show less photos, I agree!
I decided to have the "contact me" visible at all times so if someone is interested my contact info is just a click away. I do believe people rather send a mail by clicking on a link than filling a form. Were you aware of the button or does it get lost? It is placed in a whole different position on mobile.