Remove "from" in product prices with variants

4 hours ago, XianNewman said:

Maybe @tuanphan or @kerstinmartin know a way to make this happen! 🍷 

There might be a way to do this with CSS but I don't know the code off the top of my head.

I am wondering though, why would you want to hide the 'from'? Is that not misleading when people then click on the dropdown list and see the different prices because you have set the expectation that it's all the same price? Plus, the from indicates that there are more options which can people make curious and entice them to check out the different options. That's just how I would feel as the consumer.

CalmBusinessLogoTitleSimple.png.3067db0e3c08baf2e967872eaa6f9182.png

Hi, I'm Kerstin! I offer business and marketing courses to help solopreneurs deepen their business skills and grow their confidence, audience, and revenue - without the hustle.

🎉  What kind of entrepreneur are you?  Take the quiz

2 hours ago, kerstinmartin said:

There might be a way to do this with CSS but I don't know the code off the top of my head.

I am wondering though, why would you want to hide the 'from'? Is that not misleading when people then click on the dropdown list and see the different prices because you have set the expectation that it's all the same price? Plus, the from indicates that there are more options which can people make curious and entice them to check out the different options. That's just how I would feel as the consumer.

In this case, it's pretty straightforward. One variant is a single bottle of wine, the other is a case of 12 bottles, at a discount. Customers won't be let down, they'll be delighted at the opportunity to buy more and save.

8a. Side by side - Horizontal With Google Cloud (Squarespace Circle Profile).png

Rise Digital | Google Workspace Partners
We make companies more productive, with Google Workspace.
Let's connect on LinkedIn

35 minutes ago, XianNewman said:

In this case, it's pretty straightforward. One variant is a single bottle of wine, the other is a case of 12 bottles, at a discount. Customers won't be let down, they'll be delighted at the opportunity to buy more and save.

then why not just keep the from?

Hi, I'm Kerstin! I offer business and marketing courses to help solopreneurs deepen their business skills and grow their confidence, audience, and revenue - without the hustle.

6 minutes ago, XianNewman said:

The vast majority will buy individual bottles (and the client asked)

That's fair! I don't know the CSS for this but I'd be surprised if it couldn't be done. @Chris.SE is great with CSS, maybe he has a quick solution! 

Please see Store Price Change.

The OP doesn't need to do the initial step of the Quick Install instructions as they already have jQuery installed.

This actually turns out to be harder than one might think. It's not just a matter of throwing some CSS at it. The way the structures are built and SS is manipulating those structures under the hood when variants are involved and one is changing menu selections makes this tricky. Basically the price text is being rebuilt on the fly when the user interacts with variants.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 month later...

I updated my code post. The code is now a text changer instead of just removing the word from. This broadens what the code can do. It can be used for changing the word from to another language or removing decimals from prices.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Creedon,

Thank you for the help, I tried the searchReplaceText after removing the // and tried to change 'from' : 'Starting at' on the store page injection with no luck. The price and original "from" is missing. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

@AlFinn

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

@MSCCreative

The code does hide prices at the start so that it can change things without causing visual disruptions. Then when the code successfully runs it shows the prices again. If the code failed for some reason then the prices would not be shown.

So it sounds like it failed but without it being installed there is not way we can diagnose what went wrong.