How to add Category tab buttons to filter within Summary block

Site URL: https://www.drstephaniemoody.com/health-wellness

Hi,

I I'm struggling to find out how to create a set of visible sub-category buttons within a summary block page, and I found the exact example -->  https://www.drstephaniemoody.com/health-wellness

This website is also created by using Squarespace, and I'm curious how they added the category buttons that filters out the blocks. I have tried this by adding a text-section like this, linking each text-button :

1391718203_ScreenShot2021-03-24at3_26_10PM.thumb.png.8ce65faa2e25cab6366fc3dcad01decf.png

But the problem here is that when I click one of the linked buttons, the page refreshes.. Should I have to add a customized CSS to create this using Isotope?  At first this seemed like a pretty easy problem to solve, but surprisingly I couldn't find a single solution to this til now.. Please Help! Thank you so much in advance.

I'm hearing a lot about the Universal Filter, but I can't afford the price, would be appreciated if you could refrain from suggesting the item! Thanks.

Edited by jordin0317
  • jordin0317 changed the title to How to add Category tab buttons to filter within Summary block

Hi. They used Square Studio Tab Plugin.  (There is a lot of complaints about Square Studio Support)

Try Accordion Tabs Plugin by sqspthemes

or Tabs by Will Myers ($10)

Edited by tuanphan

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...

@ChristinaSimon @YenY

If you're a JavaScript developer you can use the Isotope library. There's a screenshot below showing how effective it is!

If you're not a developer, @michaeleparkour has built a superb paid plugin callled Universal Filter that is specific to Squarespace and encapsulates this functionality, and many other features!

image.thumb.gif.21e0cd8f7aa667604d120103c1ef14b4.gif

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:41 PM, paul2009 said:

@ChristinaSimon @YenY

If you're a JavaScript developer you can use the Isotope library. If you're not a developer, @michaeleparkour has built the Universal Filter plugin, available from Squarewebsites.

Thanks, @paul2009! I‘ll look into the plugin 👍🏻 

• 7 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 4:41 AM, paul2009 said:

Hey @paul2009 is there a universal class to target the filtered items in an isotope grid?

Like they add the class '.is-checked' for the filter buttons, but can't figure out how to relate this to the actual grid items.

Using the Isotope for a portfolio grid and trying to smooth the transitions between .grid-items but not sure what the other state would be.

If it helps https://greyhound-gar-9aft.squarespace.com/my-work
Password: Square

Thanks so much! 🙂

Edited by melaniejaane