All of my content, text, images just dissapeared

Hi ALL of my site content, text, images just disappeared. i don't know what has happened? Like it was working just fine, i go to squarespace to change my site titlle's font, and then i come back and EVERYTHING disappears. I did not use any code, or i did not make any other changes. I don't know what has happened, i spent days working on this site. What am i supposed to do now?

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, jdtremblay said:

Same here. EVERYTHING is gone except for sections and some background images.

Yes, that is exactly what i am facing. Is this some technical issue squarespace is facing, or are we the only ones going through this? I contacted their support, and they are saying " we have submitted your request for review, it may take several days to respond" . Is this even recoverable?

from the chat: 

Thank you for reaching out to report this. Our engineers are currently investigating reports of content not showing affecting in some sites. Our engineers are working on that as we speak, so it should be solved very soon. Soon you can follow for updates about this issue on our Status Page: https://status.squarespace.com/ Thanks for your patience while we get this sorted.

Type a message here...

I am experiencing this too. Was working so hard to get the site finished and was finally happy with it, made it live and then this! Thanks so much for the update. Glad it is not just me and hopefully it will be resolved soon. I will go recover from my near heart attack now!! 🙂

Edited by VickieC81
17 hours ago, jdtremblay said:

from the chat: 

Thank you for reaching out to report this. Our engineers are currently investigating reports of content not showing affecting in some sites. Our engineers are working on that as we speak, so it should be solved very soon. Soon you can follow for updates about this issue on our Status Page: https://status.squarespace.com/ Thanks for your patience while we get this sorted.

Type a message here...

Well that is a little relieving

Same here-  spent weeks working on my site- just published on Monday.   Viewed my site this morning at 7:30 AM and everything was fine.... just went to look at it for a client, and everything is GONE.  I've been in que for a live chat for almost 40 minutes now....

from support:

Conor F. (Squarespace)

Mar 3, 2021, 9:54 AM EST

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting in touch, I hope you're well.

I can confirm this is related to an issue on our end. Our Engineering team is aware of this issue, and they’re currently working towards a fix.

We’re unable to guarantee a follow-up or offer an ETA for resolution, but I can assure you that we’re working to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Conor
"Is fearr an tsláinte ná na táinte."
http://support.squarespace.com

50 minutes ago, Shazia said:

Yes, that is exactly what i am facing. Is this some technical issue squarespace is facing, or are we the only ones going through this? I contacted their support, and they are saying " we have submitted your request for review, it may take several days to respond" . Is this even recoverable?

I am wondering the same thing.....as I am not even seeing the content on the back end for me to edit.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:58 AM, VickieC81 said:

I am experiencing this too. Was working so hard to get the site finished and was finally happy with it, made it live and then this! Thanks so much for the update. Glad it is not just me and hopefully it will be resolved soon. I will go recover from my near heart attack now!! 🙂

Hi since you also just launched your site. Do you mind if i ask you a couple of questions? 

Is your favicon displaying in search results?

Has Google index-ed your pages? And do all your website links pop up when you perform a google search of your site name?

My search console shows links for both http and https, how about you?

• 8 months later...

Samething ~ I manage over 20 SQSP sites and this is the first time it has happened to me. This issue has been reported by numerous people for over a year, dating back into early 2020. 

This is so bad and the lack of response so notable that I am going to be migrating all of my clients websites off SQSP if I do not have this resolved in a timely manner.

• 10 months later...

I'm having this problem just now -- on my under-development new site, all content just disappeared. Some text shows up that lists the menu items. My published websites look fine in the editor. Just the new site content is not showing. Hope this is a Squarespace issue??

Update 20 minutes later: it's back working again, thank you.

Edited by nancyaten

if changes show up in the editor but not as a viewer it is most likely a browser caching issue, view with a different browser or open an icognito window to view your changes. Chrome is terrible about caching a page and hanging on to things that no longer "exist". You can also try refresing the page a couple of times. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, SGAA said:

I see that this is two years old at this point, but I'm now having this issue. Is this happening large scale again?

Me too! 😭All I see are some menu options on a blank white screen and a button that says "Skip To Content", hopefully it gets resolved soon! 

EDIT: Issue resolved, it was a CSS issue that they're working on fixing.

Edited by LovelyLotus
  • 1 month later...

Forum users are unable to resolve technical issues. Please contact Squarespace Customer Care directly. If you experience any difficulties contacting Squarespace, please read how to contact Squarespace.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...

I just had the same issue and I'm fuming! Not only did i just pay for a year subscription and work days trying to figure out this supposedly user friendly site (not intuitive at all), but now after finally getting somewhere and laying a good foundation it all diappeared!!! Yes, I saved everything before. Yes, I CNTR Z'd and tried to undo. All I did was a last minute change of font.  WTH?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

My ENTIRE portfolio is just GONE. It made me pay to access it again after ~2 years without logging in, (and it showed the correct site in the thumbnail before I clicked in,) and then it just all disappeared. I'm LIVID. Please, please please, did anyone figure out how to fix this CLEARLY huge issue? This is insane. I manage multiple Squarespace domains and I am *this* close to migrating them ALL and encouraging others to do the same.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.02.38 PM.png