Adding description to blog page - HENSON TEMPLATE

• Replies 10
  • Views 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean by using the code injection?

In Blog Settings > General > PAGE DESCRIPTION (OPTIONAL).

341135543_ScreenShot2021-02-13at8_24_54PM.png.c862876d2c05f7f6d281eb424af202c7.png

For the Tremont template it puts that description on the blog page proper (index).

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 2/13/2021 at 10:02 PM, tuanphan said:

The url doesn't exist. Can you check again? 

Also you want same description for all blog page, or different?

On 2/13/2021 at 11:29 PM, creedon said:

In Blog Settings > General > PAGE DESCRIPTION (OPTIONAL).

341135543_ScreenShot2021-02-13at8_24_54PM.png.c862876d2c05f7f6d281eb424af202c7.png

For the Tremont template it puts that description on the blog page proper (index).

Let us know how it goes.

Hi! I apologize for removing the link. Here it is https://www.alanvidali.com/artskrol

As I mentioned, inside the Henson template the description field is available but it does not display. So... that is unfortunate.

I want to know if there is a way to add this with CSS/HTML.

I have other pages that have description and I wanted the blog to have the same. The description for the blog should only be for the main page of the blog. I want it to serve as an overview of what the blog is about

Thanks for taking a look!

Cheers!

1.png

2.png

3.png

For the title and description at the top of the blog add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

/* turn on display of blog title and description */

.collection-type-blog .title-card {

display : block;
  opacity : 1;

}

/* blog description width */

.collection-type-blog .title-card .page-desc {

width : 10em;

}

This is for a v7.0 using the Henson template.

As to the other items that will take a little more digging.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Looking at the other changes you want to make. I think it could be done with some Javascript but that requires the business plan or above.

The problem is that there is no structure which to attach the info you want to add. The Javascript would allow that structure to be built.

2 hours ago, creedon said:

For the title and description at the top of the blog add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

/* turn on display of blog title and description */

.title-card {

display : block;
  opacity : 1;

}

This is for a v7.0 using the Henson template.

As to the other items that will take a little more digging.

Let us know how it goes.

It totally worked to display the description, and blog title. The only thing that is off is the width of the description. My other pages have a narrow test box so that the text does not run too much to the left of the page. But this spacing is done by adding space blocks to the blank page and this, of course can't be done with the drag and drop feature. It would need to be coded.

BTW. Thank you for the help. It was fantastic. If you figure out how to make the text a block to the left that would be awesome.

EDIT - I just realized that the code, added the page title to all the pages and this duplicated the page titles on all pages except the blog which did not have one. So... Is there a way to use the code you provided just for the Blog Page?

2 minutes ago, Vidali said:

It totally worked to display the description, and blog title. The only thing that is off is the width of the description. My other pages have a narrow test box so that the text does not run too much to the left of the page. But this spacing is done by adding space blocks to the blank page and this, of course can't be done with the drag and drop feature. It would need to be coded.

BTW. Thank you for the help. It was fantastic. If you figure out how to make the text a block to the left that would be awesome.

I figured it out! LOL

padding-right: 20px;

Archived