7.1 Site navlinks morphed "+" into "&#43"

Site URL: https://www.thebluehousebethesda.com/

Yesterday, my client's website was displaying the navigation links and folders with plain text. There were some folders named "Item + Item", as a basic example - today, they're reading "Item &#43 Item". This only affects the navigation link folders, but not the links inside folders. I understand that's a code for the plus character, but why did this change by itself? How can I fix this? The ampersand (&) character gives me a similar error, so I've temporarily changed the naming to "Item/Item".

• Replies 4
  • Views 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

I looked thru all your folders and they appear to be fine. I suspect that this was a site loading issue, not a sign of something that is broken. I have had similiar things happen, special chacters popping up in blog posts and things like that. It seems to happen sometimes when my web connection is really slow. 

You are correct - I reverted back to the "+" character, and the folder names are appearing correctly. Thanks for checking.

Archived