Newsletter Subscription notification emails are not being sent

Site URL: http://amandabrandimore.ca

Hi There

I found a few other topics were people are having the same issue but they didn't have solutions. I am hoping you can help.

I added a promotional pop up and it's connected to Google Drive. I can see an entry in there for my test for my own subscription and this is part is working, but no email is being sent to my email account. Right now I'd have to open up the file multiple times to see if there is an entry in there.

I checked my Primary, Social and Promotional inboxes as well as my spam and there is nothing. 

Can someone please assist?

Thanks!

This is happening to me as well. I had this setup ages ago and I thought it was working.

I have a newsletter block setup with Google Drive for people to request a brochure. But I can't be sure if they are receiving a notification or not. But the problem is, even if they chose not to subscribe, I am not being made aware that they requested a brochure.

Whilst doing some tests, I noticed that Google Drive is adding the new email addresses to the list, but I am not being notified.

It's embarrassing to admit that there haven't been many requests, but there might have been and I would have not been aware.

At least I know about this now, but I really could do with knowing when someone requests a brochure whether they chose to subscribe or not.

Thanks, Mark.

• 1 month later...

I am just jumping back to this to see if someone else found an answer. Essentially I have the Google Drive folder open and I check the fiel daily to see who is  signing up. It's very small amoutns but it's silly that email notifications are not working. I get emails for everything else on my Gmail account so what is going on here?

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask the support folks. 

As you are all getting stuff in Google drive it would seem that the problem is not with the functionality but the email addresses, or more specifically: the DNS records of yourdomain.com as relevant for sending mail.

My advice to all here would be to use the following tool, https://www.mail-tester.com/,

There is a limit on usages to I think 5 per day but there are others such as https://mxtoolbox.com/emailhealth That can also provide a backfill.

Rather than do an explanation of the problems you might be encountering - but at a guess I'm going to say DKIM, SPFT and/or mail relay settings -  my suggestion is to run a test and then go and fix those issues. Consider that both Gmail and Outlook have some pretty strict rules for domains sending emails, and your own provider might have some extra measures in place. Therefore, my suggestion would be to fix the problems based on the reports and then if you still have problem ask your domain name registrar.  SS also has some specific records to add to your domain DNS which may need combining with existing mail records on the server.

Don't worry this stuff is pretty easy if you take your time with it and learn about each step.

I am running SS on newsletter and mailing list and have no problems with deliverability. I have a 10/10 report for the mail-tester options.

Good luck!

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 2 months later...

@Brandimoredid you get this resolved? 

Was it simply a matter of wanting to be notified with an email to say "Hey, someone just signed up to your mailing list" ... or something like that?

It seems like such a simple task that isn't being done or I can't find the toggle to enable or the field to confirm the address to send a notification message like the other form blocks due. 

So, just wondering if this is the issue you were looking to resolve and if you found a way to address it.

Thank you

• 2 years later...