Keeping an Archived Site in the Same Account as Active Site?

Site URL: https://thewanderingpost.com/

Hi There! I haven't found any discussions on this particular topic, so I thought I'd post. I have an existing Squarespace site and account which I like very well--but due to the pandemic I am changing to a new model of service that will necessitate very different site content, function, and product lines. 

My question is, what is the best way to "archive" my current site while building a new one, preferably in the same account? Can I have an "active" site and an "archived" one, so I can easily switch back over if I need to?

I do not want to open two Squarespace accounts just to maintain a prior version, but I have considered letting my current account "expire" and be archived so I can reactivate it later, while opening a new account. Is this advisable?

The best solution I have found is to export my site content, but this isn't ideal for me because I am more interested in maintaining my site's design/functions/settings for a later date.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, @tuanphan.

This seems like a good option compared to exporting, but in order to "keep" the old site, it sounds like I still need to open a second account for the new site. I cannot have one "unpublished"/hidden version as well as one live website in the same account.

I was afraid I'd have to do that, but I understand Squarespace likes to have only one website per account.

I have many websites under only one account (email address). Just start a new or duplicate a site from your current account and you will then have two websites under your account.

In your case, as tuanphan suggests, you can duplicate your site. The duplicated site should be added to your account.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived