Continue Shopping Button - Custom Code

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.tppskis.com/

hi there,

I was looking around for a solution but didn't find anything. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a "continue shopping" or "add more products" to these pages:

https://www.tppskis.com/cart or https://www.tppskis.com/checkout

The goal is to give users the option to add more products through the entire purchase flow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Carl_TPP said:

Site URL: https://www.tppskis.com/

hi there,

I was looking around for a solution but didn't find anything. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a "continue shopping" or "add more products" to these pages:

https://www.tppskis.com/cart or https://www.tppskis.com/checkout

The goal is to give users the option to add more products through the entire purchase flow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

So are you looking to have an “Add More Products” link/button on the cart page, and a “continue shopping” link/button on the checkout page? Also what sqaurespace version are you on? 

22 hours ago, Carl_TPP said:

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a "continue shopping" or "add more products" to these pages:

/cart or /checkout

It's possible to add a link to the cart page, but you cannot add a link (or anything else!) to the checkout page as it is locked down.

If you are looking for something like this, I'll put together a guide for you. The cart is the same on 7.0 and 7.1 so it won't make a difference.

continue-shopping-example-sf-digital.thumb.png.1a24963cf4c23067d3fd5fd23c7cb6a4.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

16 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

It's possible to add a link to the cart page, but you cannot add a link (or anything else!) to the checkout page as it is locked down.

If you are looking for something like this, I'll put together a guide for you. The cart is the same on 7.0 and 7.1 so it won't make a difference.

continue-shopping-example-sf-digital.thumb.png.1a24963cf4c23067d3fd5fd23c7cb6a4.png

Thank you Paul!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen many posts on this and no solid answers. I checked with CS and the answer is that it is not possible to have the "Continue Shopping" button show up when there are items in the cart, which is completely inefficient. The agent said she would submit it to the Squarespace developers as a feature request. Our best bet is for everyone to shoot an email to customer support asking to add this feature. The more requests they receive on it, the more they'll consider it necessary. Please shoot them an email so we can get this added sooner than later. Cheers!

1 hour ago, neile said:

I've seen many posts on this and no solid answers. I checked with CS and the answer is that it is not possible to have the "Continue Shopping" button show up when there are items in the cart, which is completely inefficient. The agent said she would submit it to the Squarespace developers as a feature request. Our best bet is for everyone to shoot an email to customer support asking to add this feature. The more requests they receive on it, the more they'll consider it necessary. Please shoot them an email so we can get this added sooner than later. Cheers!

Thank you. That does sound like a good idea. But, I hope a lot of others email/ message them with this request😁

• Solution

A solution is now available as an extension:

• It has been professionally written so doesn’t require jQuery and therefore won’t slow down your website like many of the code snippets on this forum.
  • It has been designed for desktop and mobile.
  • It’s available for all Squarespace templates.
  • Compatible with both Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1.

For more details, see our product page:

Cart UX extension for Squarespace

Continue-shopping-button-desktop-sf-digital.png

Continue-shopping-button-mobile-sf-digital.png

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2020 at 10:53 PM, paul2009 said:

Paul, I tried your solution and it worked great until today.
on my website, Continue shopping disappeared today for some reason and I contacted squarespace for this but I don't think I'll get an answer that I want. 
Do you know if there's something that needs to be update by any chance? 

Thank you 

7 minutes ago, creedon said:

@bbrris

Please be aware that SS just updated the cart page which is causing some issues.

I knew it! 😞  I found some changes that I've never made because of this update. ugh. I also sent email to them to add continue shopping button. hope they do it soon.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:40 AM, bbrris said:

Do you know if there's something that needs to be update by any chance?

As @creedon said, Squarespace made some unannounced changes to the cart yesterday, and these are causing issues with all third party code designed for the cart, including the solution above.

The solution has now been rewritten and is available here.

Edited by paul2009

On 1/28/2021 at 12:16 AM, paul2009 said:

As @creedon said, Squarespace made some unannounced changes to the cart yesterday, and these are causing issues with all third party code designed for the cart, including my solution above.

I’m currently speaking to the relevant people to understand if the changes were intentional and irreversible - in which case the code will need to be re-written - or if they intend to restore the previous functionality. 

Your continue shopping button works now. I guess SS updated again. I'm getting lots of help from your responses in this forum. Thank you! 

Squarespace rolled back their changes yesterday, restoring previous functionality. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, anna4 said:

I can't get this solution to work. Is anyone able to help please?

Hi Anna

Please provide a working link to the site where the code has been added and I will take a look. If you’d prefer to pay someone to install a solution for you, I can be booked on the Squarespace Marketplace here: Hire a Squarespace Expert.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 7:09 AM, LotNotes said:

It looks like SQ made additional changes. The original code is not working anymore. It was working well before. The website where i added this code is debbiemomof4.com 

thanks for your help. 

Hi. I just solved a similar problem for a member Do you still need code for this?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 3/24/2021 at 12:09 AM, LotNotes said:

It looks like SQ made additional changes. The original code is not working anymore. It was working well before.

This is because Squarespace made changes to the cart page in 16th March (this change was previously made on 27th January and rolled back on 29th January). The solution will be updated in due course.