How can I remove 'Add to Cart' button on just one store?

Site URL: https://www.knights-gardencentres.co.uk/

Hi,

I have set up two stores on my site but. (one not currently visible) But want to have different buying settings for each:

Store 1. Because we are slowly moving into selling online I want one store to show what is available in-store  - to have no buy button

Store 2. A small selection of products we will start selling online - to have a add to cart button

Is there some coding/settings available to make this possible?

Thank you for any help!

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @Amme,

If you wanted a simple solution to this, you could create one Layout Page which simply showcased your products using a mixture of Image Blocks and Text Blocks, instead of a Products Page for that page.

To do this, you can add a pre-filled 'Products' block section, or add your own Image and Text blocks to a blank page section on that Layout Page. See the attached screenshot to see what those pre-filled Products sections look like.

Hope this helps!

Products Block Section.png

cg1q_g5kO_xGfCuu4Be7izVV_NRhqDc4ve0tGQPjM9KcJEsGk7_r2aOC3TvFDREPcEBeqkVyVYkbcd2f5SqEBwjMR67QYD2Kew-OhW65fVNWvTGdP1cmXHWUSbycirsSKTcnHL_G
SPENCER CHRISTIE
CUSTOMER OPERATIONS ADVISOR
HE/HIM

2 hours ago, Amme said:

How can I remove 'Add to Cart' button on just one store? Is there some coding/settings available to make this possible?

Yes. You can selectively hide the Add to Cart button with some code. You could achieve this for one store or, if you wanted to move all the products into one store, you could hide items tagged with a specific name.

If you want to hide them for a store, we'll need to be able to view the store so that we can check the collection ID.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

8 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Yes. You can selectively hide the Add to Cart button with some code. You could achieve this for one store or, if you wanted to move all the products into one store, you could hide items tagged with a specific name.

If you want to hide them for a store, we'll need to be able to view the store so that we can check the collection ID.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Thank you for your reply! 

From your response and looking at my current store (https://www.knights-gardencentres.co.uk/we-sell) is it possible to hide the add to cart button on all categories apart from on the 'christmas' category?

Alternatively this is the store I wanted to have no button: https://www.knights-gardencentres.co.uk/we-sell

And this is currently the store I want to have an Add to Cart button: https://www.knights-gardencentres.co.uk/christmas-shop

Thanks

You should be able to hide the Add-to-Cart buttons in the /we-sell store by enabling the buttons again (they are currently hidden) and then using this (in Design > Custom CSS):

.collection-5ebd73a9c509304e1e3fd4b1 .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {
    display: none!important;
}

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

6 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

You should be able to hide the Add-to-Cart buttons in the /we-sell store by enabling the buttons again (they are currently hidden) and then using this (in Design > Custom CSS):

.collection-5ebd73a9c509304e1e3fd4b1 .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {
    display: none!important;
}

Amazing. Working perfectly. Thank you SO much for your help and quick response!! 

Archived