How to find and delete /cart page?

13 hours ago, jaketobin said:

same issue.. weird huh.

be great to see if there's a solution, as i have no need for a cart page at all.

23 hours ago, DarqSpace said:

I have the same issue, I'm trying to get rid of the CART page for SEO purposes. I contacted someone using the chat, she said it was something Squarespace business accounts have. I wasn't satisfied with the answer, hoping someone here can guide me.

I contacted support and got no help. The articles she gave me for a workaround don't help because the cart doesn't show up on our page list... kinda the whole reason we are here...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The /cart page should not cause any issues. See my earlier post here:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Piebie said:

It does show up as a SEO issue. How can I delete the '/cart' page? 

Where does it show as an SEO issue? Please describe the symptoms or provide us with a screenshot of the issue.

You cannot delete the cart page. However, the cart page should not appear in search results because it contains a robots meta tag that instructs search engines not to show the page in search results.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2022 at 2:28 PM, DerekAnson said:

various SEO services do flag this as a small problem. 

The SEO tools are providing an informational message. You can safely ignore it for the reasons already mentioned. The /cart page cannot be removed but it includes a "robots meta tag" to instruct search engines not to index it.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

• 6 months later...

Hi @paul2009 ,

Google Search Console has emailed this as an issue with my site? Can I safely ignore this warning or will it affect my site indexing / SEO?

Google has recognised that the /cart page has a ‘noindex’ tag and is exluding the page, but has listed it as an issue to resolve. I am guessing that the page is correctly marked noindex, but incorrectly included in the XML sitemap. Squarespace doesn't allow manual editing to remove the /cart page from the XML sitemap, so I'm not sure how to resolve this issue for Google. I'm using the latest version of Squarespace and didn't have this issue with my old Squarespace site. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, SlimJ said:

Google has recognised that the /cart page has a ‘noindex’ tag and is exluding the page, but has listed it as an issue to resolve.

This is by design. You can ignore this warning. 

• 4 months later...

I'm experiencing the same issue and while I can see that @paul2009 says we can't delete the page and that it shouldn't be a problem overall, I've had someone visit my /cart page this week (direct source). Any recommendations on how to stop people accessing the page? I can't even optimise the page as it's not a listed page, unless I re-create the cart page, I assume?

5 hours ago, WildSEOAgency said:

I can't even optimise the page as it's not a listed page, unless I re-create the cart page, I assume?

The cart page can be customized with custom CSS and/or JavaScript.

I've had someone visit my /cart page this week (direct source). Any recommendations on how to stop people accessing the page?

Please see the following.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...