Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Core Web Vitals

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone -

I just want to add to this. My site is down 47% in organic traffic year to year - which is 60,000 visitors. 47%!!!! And my rankings on keywords where I was #1 is dropping to 8 - 10 or worse. 

I did the Google Search Console thing, and, like all of you, not one of my URLs is showing as "good" anymore - 100% of them are showing as poor.

I've reached out to Squarespace support, but this is obviously concerning that all of us are having such a significant drop in organic traffic, especially with how hard it is to get those high search rankings in the first place.

I will update with any fix I get. 

4 hours ago, flowgirl said:

Hi everyone -

I just want to add to this. My site is down 47% in organic traffic year to year - which is 60,000 visitors. 47%!!!! And my rankings on keywords where I was #1 is dropping to 8 - 10 or worse. 

I did the Google Search Console thing, and, like all of you, not one of my URLs is showing as "good" anymore - 100% of them are showing as poor.

I've reached out to Squarespace support, but this is obviously concerning that all of us are having such a significant drop in organic traffic, especially with how hard it is to get those high search rankings in the first place.

I will update with any fix I get. 

Please keep us all posted as this is a major ongoing issue and we have not received any feedback from Squarespace on any fixes or even where it is in the pipeline. It may have been put out to pasture in the too hard basket, hard to know.
Great to some recent feedback 🙂

I'm in  the process of migrating my website from Squarespace. I've had enough with the cold shoulder from the SS team. They suck at communicating with their customers, nor do they inform us about what they are working on to improve their platform. 

All they communicate is useless bullshit for circle members.

Squarespace is not a long-term choice for me.

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this thread as all of these issues still apply and have not been fixed.

How is Squarespace expecting to attract/ retain people with this glacially slow, antiquated set up. My "contact" page even gets a red rating on Pagespeed Insights and it is just a small block of text.

I contacted SS customer service a few days ago and they were acting mystified by the whole issue. Does anyone have any updates? Does moving to 7.1 help with speeds at all? If I have to completely rebuild my website, perhaps I am better off going to a completely different service...

Anyone? No updates or interest or outrage over this? I am surprised as we are all paying good money for a pretty poorly performing service here. Squarespace has known about this for at least two years and have seemingly done nothing to rectify it. Google is most certainly punishing our collective SEOs.

5 hours ago, bayrumblues said:

Anyone? No updates or interest or outrage over this? I am surprised as we are all paying good money for a pretty poorly performing service here. Squarespace has known about this for at least two years and have seemingly done nothing to rectify it. Google is most certainly punishing our collective SEOs.

I am extremely interested in any site improvements we can get.
I have mentioned it a few times in the past but it does not seem to go past this level within Circle as far as I am aware. 

I am also unaware of any sort of Squarespace public roadmap so I am unsure if this is being looked into by the development team or not.  

Anyone else got any updates?

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Naomi_ said:

My 7.0 website: every single page (desktop) fails. Even pages with minimal text and no photos.

Does anyone know if 7.1 is any better?

Hmmm it is a little bit better I believe but definitely not impressive. Desktop will do ok but mobile always fails.

Agreed Brent. My 7.0 desktop site does ok but the mobile always fails. For as far back as this thread goes its obvious this is not a squarespace priority...As paul2009 reminds us, we all need to contact squarespace to voice our concerns on this topic as squarespace rarely checks the forums

Yep, it's been two years, and the problem only got worse... I've seen my website drop from first page on Google to 6th. I've been questioning my SEO skills but it seems it's not really all my fault. Can we get some insight on what has been done to improve the Core Web Vital issues? @Squarespace Guru

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

We just moved our site from WordPress to SquareSpace. To say I was a little shocked is an understatement. I legit copied my one page word for word and did not change the hyperlink at all, however a ton of my keywords were lost.  

Has anyone come across any solutions to help with this?

2 hours ago, PSW said:

Hey all,

We just moved our site from WordPress to SquareSpace. To say I was a little shocked is an understatement. I legit copied my one page word for word and did not change the hyperlink at all, however a ton of my keywords were lost.  

Has anyone come across any solutions to help with this?

What do you mean by lost? We're they some meta data, in the on page text or image file names and titles?