Adding a blog section to Home page

Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It is an eternal link that gets configured when you tell the summary block where to pull its content from during the block setup. You will see a menu of source content, which can be from any blog page if you have more than one, or products from a store page, etc.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543337-Summary-blocks

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

Yes, you chain summary blocks together using tags or categories to filter one block from another. That way you can have as many blog posts on one page as you wish. I have a blog page with over 80 posts on one blog page but it doesn't have to be a blog page,  it can be a standard page. You make the page with the blocks your front-facing post page and put the actual blog in the unlinked section of your site. Name the summary block page whatever you want and swap the URL slug for that page with the blog page URL if you wish. 

You do have more flexibility if your posts are in one blog and your summary blocks are in a second blog, grouped by category in a separate blog post. I did that so I could have a pull-down menu of subjects arranged alphabetically as you can see here:

https://www.derricksrandomviews.com/blogsummary

@derricksrandomviews Thanks for this! I do have the blogs in an unlinked page and then have a front-facing post page where I want them to show up. The problem is that the summary blocks keep getting full, so the newest blog posts aren't updating to the summary block. If I add a new summary block, how do I make it so that starts showing the blog posts by date from where the last summary block left off? Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Filter the summary blogs by category. Give your first 30 posts the same category, for example, "Group 1" and the next 30 "Group 2".  Any logical name will do. The first summary block pulls content from Group 1, the second from Group 2, and so on.  You can also set it so one summary block pulls content from "featured" posts and if you toggle that option in settings for any post it shows up in that block. 

The categories do not have to be displayed in the post.