Is it possible to discount all products in one go?

I have around 500 products on my store, each product has an average of around 10 variations, be that size or colour or both. 

Is there a way to be able to go into each product and set a sale price for the first variation and then 'apply to all"? 

Surely being able to click on PRICING and then setting the sale price and whether active or not so it applies it across all the SKUs on that product would be sensible?

All you can currently do his edit every single variation. 

2021158556_Screenshot2020-08-06at10_46_40.thumb.png.99e536d4054df262d05ee38dbe425a4a.png

Other website products I have used have all allowed this. 

Same for stock, weight, dimensions. 

Or is there a way to discount every product on my store by say 50% in one hit? 

So before I upload any of the new seasons product I could just set a universal sale price of 50% across every product in store? 

Not talking about a discount, but setting the sale price itself so each product shows full price and the new sale price. 

Or every product in a certain category or with a certain tag? 

Having to go in and edit 4000 times is not something I can do in all honesty, so need a solution to a really basic feature. Hoping I have missed something really simple. 

Thanks all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No answer on this? 

As much as I hate the over all look and feel of Shopify, I think I am going to have to go back to it. 

This is a deal breaker for me. 

It is actually easier and quicker to set up a new website on Shopify and edit the prices on the imported products than it is to manually change each one on Squarespace. 

• 1 month later...

On 8/20/2020 at 6:14 AM, gizze said:

No answer on this? 

As much as I hate the over all look and feel of Shopify, I think I am going to have to go back to it. 

This is a deal breaker for me. 

It is actually easier and quicker to set up a new website on Shopify and edit the prices on the imported products than it is to manually change each one on Squarespace. 

Seems like you can discount by category though only in the latest version.  Not exactly what you're looking for though might be something you can utilize.  Not being able to discount by category essentially makes the discount feature fairly useless.

Products by category (version 7.0 only)

In version 7.0, you can create category discounts that apply to each product in the selected category. You can select one or more categories to receive the discount. For example, $20 off all items in the “Summer” and “Swimwear” categories.

For help adding categories, visit Organizing products.

Category discounts in version 7.1 are currently in development.

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to do  the same thing. The trouble with using a discount, even an automatic discount, is that shoppers don't see the discount until they check out. Discounts don't appear on product displays or on cart items. (Not in 7.0/Montauk, at any rate.) So we will probably be using CSV export/import to update sale prices across the board.

@LKW

A couple of things you can try.

You can use the Announcement Bar to get the message across that there is a discount. You can also create product items in your Product page that are not actual products but have images that have discount messages on them.

If you're up for some custom work it is possible to add messages at the beginning of Product pages that a discount is currently in effect.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

What creedon said. I wish there was a way to discount products in one go (outside of creating automatic discounts) and that Squarespace would actually make this feature available. It would make managing products and doing promotions much easier. For now, I just create automatic discounts and then mention this in the Announcement bar on my store. Been working fine, and some new customers have been pleasantly surprised by the instant discount when they check out. (Surprisingly, they still managed to miss the info on the announcement bar).

And I had a Shopify trial account at the same time I signed up for a Squarespace trial back in May -- I went with Squarespace because I didn't like the overall look and feel of the Shopify admin but now that I'm seeing a lot of limitations and missing/broken commerce features here on Squarespace, I'm seriously thinking about moving there if things don't improve much here. Reply from customer support takes ages as well.

8 hours ago, creedon said:

@LKW

A couple of things you can try.

You can use the Announcement Bar to get the message across that there is a discount. You can also create product items in your Product page that are not actual products but have images that have discount messages on them.

If you're up for some custom work it is possible to add messages at the beginning of Product pages that a discount is currently in effect.

True, and I've been exploring those options. But as a seasoned online shopper myself, my gut feel is that nothing compels one to click Add to Cart like seeing a price slash on a product listing!    $70 $35

Archived