Linking to dropped down menu (as a 'page'!)

Site URL: https://www.brubike.be/

Dear Forum,

Would it be possible to link to a dropped down menu instead of a page? With other words: creating a link (other than the link in the navigation) that triggers the dropdown menu instead of going to a page?

My request is mainly important for the mobile navigation, but it would be interesting to know if this works for dekstop navigation too!

I hope making it visual will help:

The homepage indicates various languages with images (collage) including hyperlinked text: Dutch, French and English:

1326461851_ScreenShot2020-06-29at20_29_42.thumb.png.5110f3c86a0eef08d81b4b9b597c3055.png

Clicking on the top image (Dutch) brings you to the first Dutch page (Welkom): the first item in the dropdown menu of the header navigation:

1635302345_ScreenShot2020-06-29at20_30_07.thumb.png.6a145b5c2c6548099de5314321e37927.png

However, it would be great if, instead, you would be brought to the drop down menu itself: 

1576333442_ScreenShot2020-06-29at20_30_24.thumb.png.4caa343d52ef72630a9be321ce49b43c.png

Is this at all possible? I hope you can help! Thank you so much in advance 🙂

Kind regards,

Celina

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hi. have you solved it yet?

Hi @tuanphan, not yet! I'm now relying on the pretty extensive amount of buttons linking to the other pages on the pages themselves. So, once on a page in the choses language, visitors probably won't have issues finding all the info they need, even when ignoring the hamburger all together.

But, understandably, my client is still interested in directly offering the overview of pages (the dropdown menu) after choosing the desired language on the general homepage. This really only makes sense for the mobile view (after all: on desktop, the menu is right there in plain sight), but since a good deal of the visits are indeed on mobile, it could be worth the trouble. Any ideas?

:)

1 hour ago, Jahhhd said:

You can create a page that looks like a drop down menu, it would just have links listed like that, and link the first click to direct that page.

Hi @Jahhhd, thanks for thinking along! Yeah, a 'faux' menu page would def work for the mobile, but i'm hesitant because of the fact that it'll show in the desktop version too. Since there's a little more overview in desktop view anyway — with the header navigation in plain sight and various buttons linking to other pages right there on the first scroll — it feels a bit overdone to squeeze an extra menu page in there. Know what i mean? That's why i was interested whether, for the mobile view, you could actually trigger an 'action' (= dropdown menu for each language) instead of linking to a page.

Maybe it's asking for too much of a work-around, i'm not sure.. 

But thanks again for your idea!

Archived