images just disappear!?

I was just about to post that I was also having this issue with image links appearing broken, but showing the image sometimes and not others - but I remembered that I recently added a new page with custom code. I deleted the new page, and now my images are functioning normal again. 

It is kind of frustrating that the exact same embed code works absolutely fine on my other site built with weebly. I chose Squarespace because I prefer it, but images disappearing when using basic code is a big order-breaker that will send me back.

• Replies 40
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just happened to us ... I checked our website as we have been running a lot of advertising.... I was shocked/horrified to see our entire portfolio was blank. No wonder people were hitting the page and then just exiting. Looking at the projects it is as though someone went through and deleted all the thumbnail images. This is disgraceful sqaurespace, first we cannot access our sites for days on end and now your beautiful image heavy websites don't display images. We have had to reupload all thumbnail images in case anyone is looking for the fix. To anyone in a trial period I would suggest looking at another provider... this has the potential to cause significant damage to any potential clients browsing you website. 

I have the same problem. All the images disappeared out of a blog post I published a couple weeks ago. https://www.lezleydavidson.ca/writing/welcome-to-the-patreon  The images are rendering with itty bitty photo icons where the photos should be - so I know the image block is still there... just no photo. 

Images are integral to the blog post story-telling format. Half my jokes are lost without the image to carry the captions!! 😄

Another post I published last year, didn't render any of the images yesterday, but they are all showing up today. https://www.lezleydavidson.ca/writing/it-was-a-mystical-experience

It's pretty sketchy... also ironic that today I paid for another year. Please Squarespace - I really love your service, don't make it bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 1:55 AM, halcykon said:

My images on the home page keep disappearing in the Work section.

7 minutes ago, LauroMagno said:

Each time I make any change in any portfolio page the thumbnails disappear and I need to download them again

I haven't seen the specific issues mentioned above, but the only time I've seen content "disappear" is when more than one person (or more than one browser tab) is editing a Squarespace website at the same time. In such circumstances, the last one to click Save "wins", overwriting previously saved content.

If this is not the cause of your issue, I encourage you to reach out to Squarespace Customer Care for support. This forum is not routinely monitored by Squarespace so your issue will not be picked up or addressed here. You can open a ticket through Customer Care

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I'd be interested to know if the images have just become disassociated but are still available. Next time this happens search for image.

1854215916_ScreenShot2021-01-11at9_21_22PM.png.55d46b61af03748434f18932beb649eb.png

Click on Imported.

553974356_ScreenShot2021-01-11at9_21_38PM.thumb.png.3b7cae78d2541cc7840ca6b24f06b042.png

Is the missing image there?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

When managing projects in my portfolio the project picture disappear and I have to upload it again. This happens at least every other editing session and it's random which one of the project pictures that disappear. It's really annoying. I'm using the Paloma website template. Anyone who know how to fix this?

Best regards / Hans

Archived