I'm looking at our proposed site information architecture, and wondering if I need more than one Squarespace account to accomplish the goals.

Essentially, this is the layout:

• 3-4 pages of information about the company as a whole (mission, values, contact, etc.)
  • 3-5 sub-department sections (with 10-15 pages each)

The department sections would have a completely different look/feel than the company section (probably a different template altogether), but the department sections CAN look the same as each other.

I guess the question boils down to:

• can I use different templates for different sections of the same website? or, do I need to set up a different account for each section (therefore with it's own controls over look/feel and creating several websites linked together (each with its own account and monthly cost!))?

Thank you!

You don't have to have two accounts to have two sites. You can log on to a dashboard and then choose which site to work on. You can use same log on credentials and payment info or use two payments. Its up to you.  You cannot use two templates for one site.  You can have two sites linked together thru urls, so you would need two domains, one can be internal. What some do in a case like this is build two sites and connect them using a landing page for one site with links to both. . This means one site would need to be 7.0 and one could be 7.0 or 7.1 but I suggest 7.0 for both, just because it gives you more flexibility and the config would be easier to use if they are the same. You can use two templates from the same family one for each site, make them look very different but still find them similiar to set up, for example, Brine and Pacific from 7.0. Same template family but different looks.  

At OP, you can manage multiples sites under a single account: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205810458-Managing-multiple-sites 

3 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

for example, Brine and Pacific from 7.0. Same template family but different looks.  

I don't mean to nitpick, but Brine and Pacific are two different template families. 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005308187-What-s-my-site-s-template-and-version-#toc-templates-grouped-by-family 

• 2 years later...

Just double-checking: One account can have multiple sites, but each site requires its own subscription. There's no account level that allows for multiple sites for one annual rate?

My situation: I have one business account with one business site, and I was about to build a hobby-site for a family-member. (I don't need gmail or anything like that...yet?) No freebies, right?