Marquee : Add a "Category" selection in the blog page

Site URL: http://www.nomadistmoon.com

Hello,

Basically my blog posts revolve around 5 main themes (wedding, couples, food, travel and real estate). I already added the choice to view the posts of only one category in the main menu but I would also like to add that choice while on the Blog page (in its header or main page) but unfortunately, that theme doesnt let you edit anything in the blog page. Any idea or code that could help ? thanks a lot !

• Replies 4
  • Views 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you want to list different cats for your blog page than the ones in the nav drop down? I had thought you might add a header archive block with cats, but I don't know if it will work in Marquee. 

It is a very nice looking site by the way. I appreciate a good photographer's work and how they show it. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

Marquee is a discontinued template so you may not have all newer options as  7.O sites such as Brine, which would be the best template to switch to from the Marquee family if you ever wanted to use a current template. 

Hi Derrick, thank you for taking the time to reply me and for your much appreciated compliment coming from a fellow photographer 🙂 !

I didn't know it was a discontinued theme, thanks for pointing it out, I will maybe try my luck with Brine then to see if I can make it work better .

No no, it was indeed the same categories but I was just putting myself in the foot of a visitor you know, if you land on the main blog with everything mixed, it would be nice to see directly on the main page that you can filter with these cats (instead of hovering back your mouse on the top folding menu you know).

Great pics on your site too, you live in a beautiful area !

The template Pacific reminds me a lot of your site, it is in the Brine family as well. Did you look to see if you can put a drop down archive block in the header? If so you can name it Categories. I have one on my blog summary page.  I have one other suggestion, index pages like yours can be quite long, so would a floating back to the top button or arrow help out your visitors? I have one of those on my site as well, works for both desktop and mobile view and visitors to my site think its very helpful to get around. 

Thanks for the compliment, and yes the Mountains of VA where we are are beautiful. I have a site dedicated to our neighborhood as well.

Deer Creek Motorcoach Resort Virginia Make Yourself at Home in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Archived