Same Variant, SKU & Inventory in Multiple Product Listings?

This all started when I was researching to see if Squarespace offers any solutions that would allow you to set quantity-based discounts (i.e. $4/each, 3 for $10), and long story short - there isn't any which is a huge bummer.

Then I'm thinking that maybe I could post a product listing and call it a "bundle", a "set" or a "box" priced at $10, and customers can select 3 products that are eligible for the discount as variants, but in this case, tracking inventory will be a huge mess. 

So my question is, can I use the same SKU in multiple listings? And what will happen if I do that? Will they share the same inventory cuz if they do, that'd be real nice.

Please help! Thank you!

9 hours ago, axsuul said:

@siweisong You can use duplicate SKUs across different listings (just not within the same listing). However, Squarespace won't keep their stock levels synced between duplicate SKUs. If you're looking to do that, check out Trunk @ https://trunkinventory.com

This seems to only sync inventory among different sales channels though, they don't seem to offer that within one sales channel. Do you have any experience using their service? If so, can you share your thoughts?

• 1 year later...
On 5/2/2020 at 11:16 PM, siweisong said:

This seems to only sync inventory among different sales channels though, they don't seem to offer that within one sales channel. Do you have any experience using their service? If so, can you share your thoughts?

Hi, I see you asked for something similar to what I need right now, since no one answered.. Did you find a solution at all different to Trunkinventory?

3 hours ago, DolceCotti said:

Did you find a solution at all different to Trunkinventory?

As I posted in your other thread, Trunk Inventory can do this (despite what the other posts say) but it’s the only game in town. There isn’t an alternative solution available for Squarespace. No bundling. No shared stock levels. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.