How do I show inventory quantity of a product variant?

• Replies 12
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the plug in show the stock quantity for all variants? or for a particular variant? I also want it to show quantities regardless if its low or not. 

For the example below, would the plug in say "31 left in stock" under the 'Product'? Or is it possible to change it to only show next to the variants? I would like it to look like the example below and not list the total quantity for the product.  

Ex:

Product

Monday (14)

Wednesday (15)

• 3 weeks later...

@sundog We have a plugin available that will display the stock quantity next to each variant in the dropdown. It's available for your template.

spacer.png

Where a product has a single variant option, it shows labels beside each variant. The descriptions and thresholds are fully configurable. For example, where you have lots of stock, you may want to say "68 available" or "more than 10 available". Where you have limited stock, you may want to say "only 2 remaining" or just "Limited stock available". You can use different terminology like "only 2 tickets remaining" or use an entirely different language such as "Solo quedan 2".

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out a way to track inventory that is spread out among different locations.  This sounds like an option, where we could create a variant called "Pickup Location" and add the inventory at each location.  This could help us keep track of our inventory at each location, as well as avoid someone purchasing the product at a location that is currently out of stock.  We could then re-stock that location, and adjust the inventory.  

If there is a better way to track inventory across multiple store locations, I'd love to hear about it!  Thank you...

12 minutes ago, coachmike said:

I'm trying to figure out a way to track inventory that is spread out among different locations.  This sounds like an option.

If there is a better way to track inventory across multiple store locations, I'd love to hear about it!

Right now, the better way is Shopify. It has a locations feature that allows you to manage inventory at each location. This is built to work with local pickup for online orders.

However, this workaround should work as you describe on Squarespace 🙂.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

21 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Right now, the better way is Shopify. It has a locations feature that allows you to manage inventory at each location. This is built to work with local pickup for online orders.

However, this workaround should work as you describe on Squarespace 🙂.

Yes, Shopify is definitely setup much better than the Squarespace commerce option.  But unless there is an easy way to integrate it into our Squarespace site, we'll probably stick with the Squarespace option.  We don't do a ton of sales - it's not our main business (we are an endurance sports coaching company), but need a way for our clients to purchase our branded items.  

1 minute ago, coachmike said:

Yes, Shopify is definitely setup much better than the Squarespace commerce option.  But unless there is an easy way to integrate it into our Squarespace site, we'll probably stick with the Squarespace option.  We don't do a ton of sales - it's not our main business (we are an endurance sports coaching company), but need a way for our clients to purchase our branded items.  

@paul2009 - what's the best way to find out if your extension will work out our site?  I'm not the person that set it up, but am now the one managing it.  Thanks for your help!

@coachmike I'll DM you 🙂

• 10 months later...
1 minute ago, DevonHarris said:

Would your plug-in be available on my site

I'll DM you.

Archived