Making my Squarespace Site Multilingual and Multi-currency

Site URL: https://www.greencondom.club/

Hey peeps, 

This is not a question per se, more like sharing a solution I found.

I needed to make my website multilingual and multi-currency a while back. I really struggled to find solutions meeting my requirements, so I came up with a solution:
  • Use Weglot for the translation (no page duplicate, can translate the checkout)
  • Duplicate the shop section of my Squarespace site for the 2nd currency (and pay Commerce again)
  • Set up Geotargetly to redirect people according to their location 
  • Use Datafeedwatch to list our products on Google Shopping and Facebook Catalog
I wrote a detailed guide on how I've done it. Hopefully, it helps someone.
Cheers 1f642.png
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, rafdeclerck said:

So Weglot can translate the checkout page?

It can. I've replied to your other post on the same topic here:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

HI there!

I have a multilingual site I created www.merle-kids.com with which I'm quite happy. The only thing is that it's fairly complicated to keep an eye on my inventory, since my shop is duplicated. Would weglot help me with that? Or is there an other plugin that could help me?

Thank you!

Regards, Gaëlle

1 hour ago, lagaelle said:

I have a multilingual site I created www.merle-kids.com with which I'm quite happy. The only thing is that it's fairly complicated to keep an eye on my inventory, since my shop is duplicated. Would weglot help me with that?

Hi @lagaelle 

The Weglot service would certainly solve this, if you removed your other store from the website. You would only need each product to appear once, and Weglot would translate the text on the product pages.

However, as you've already built your site in both languages another, possibly better, solution is to use Trunk Inventory. This can synchronise stock levels between the 'same' product in each store. When someone buys a product, the inventory will be adjusted in both stores!

I hope this helps.

Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...