Flatiron index page - add some form of text/banner image

I'm trying to add some text above my index page content to let it be known that you click the thumbnails to view more. I can't add a text block or anything on the index page like on other pages - is there a way to add some type of text at the top of the page, and in whatever size I prefer?

My last resort would be to make custom thumbnails for everything to showcase there's more once you click, but that seems excessive and some text up top would be simpler.

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same problem! I would like to have a banner, it doesn't have to be necessary on the index page.

When I try a slideshow gallery to be as a banner the space between the navigation bar and the block is larger than the space on the index page, so when it's shown on a computer screen the slideshow is cut.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:56 PM, elizamoraes said:

I have the same problem! I would like to have a banner, it doesn't have to be necessary on the index page.

When I try a slideshow gallery to be as a banner the space between the navigation bar and the block is larger than the space on the index page, so when it's shown on a computer screen the slideshow is cut.

2 hours ago, czbwoi said:

Is that a no, tuanphan? For any type of text above the thumbnails on the index page?

add here?

image.thumb.png.f5acc9628ae0cd16c4168cbc73c9c5f2.pngimage.thumb.png.f5acc9628ae0cd16c4168cbc73c9c5f2.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

12 hours ago, czbwoi said:

Yes, exactly like that tuanphan, some text in black font, but smaller if I could control the size.

And if a banner image is possible for elizamoraes as well I suppose.

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  div#container-content:before {
    content: "Tuan Phan";
    display: block;
    text-align: center;
    margin-top: 1px;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    font-size: 2em;
    color: red;
    font-family: monospace;
}
</style>

Or send to forum message

Hello @tuanphan, I am looking for a solution to add a slideshow banner between my navigation and my index grid. The goal is to make one of my new project to stand out from others with a full width index thumb on top of others. I scanned google search but can't figure out how to do it and the solution you gave to @czbwoi is really close to what I imagine but with an index thumb. Ideally I would have dreamed that squarespace let us add different module on an index page, like slideshows or videos. If you have any solution to my problem I would really appreciate! Thank you! Here is a link to that page on my website: https://www.steeven-salvat.com/

Best regards,

On 4/22/2020 at 7:26 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  div#container-content:before {
}
</style>

@tuanphan For this specific page it's actually Index Settings > Advanced > Header if I'm assuming I'm doing what you're asking correctly...but doing so lead me to, "PREMIUM FEATURE Premium Feature Available on Business and Commerce plans. Learn more."

We seriously can't add any type of code to edit pages at all with a basic consumer plan...like most people in my shoes and position would have? Well this is news to me.

5 hours ago, czbwoi said:

@tuanphan For this specific page it's actually Index Settings > Advanced > Header if I'm assuming I'm doing what you're asking correctly...but doing so lead me to, "PREMIUM FEATURE Premium Feature Available on Business and Commerce plans. Learn more."

We seriously can't add any type of code to edit pages at all with a basic consumer plan...like most people in my shoes and position would have? Well this is news to me.

You can add CSS to custom CSS, for Personal Plan. Which page you want to apply, can you share link? I will check again.

Or send to forum message

29 minutes ago, czbwoi said:

For this page @tuanphan, which is an index page: https://cristianzdremtan.com/graphicdesign

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

body#collection-5e72ae951e6cc747e7d6fdfd div#container-content:before {
}

5 mins

Or send to forum message

6 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

body#collection-5e72ae951e6cc747e7d6fdfd div#container-content:before {
}

5 mins

Bingo, that's it, thanks!

Is it possible to change it to be the same font as everything else, proxima nova? I've tried to replace monospace with that in the code and it doesn't work. Or proxima, or proximanova, a few combinations I thought of, no luck.

Just now, czbwoi said:

Bingo, that's it, thanks!

Is it possible to change it to be the same font as everything else, proxima nova? I've tried to replace monospace with that in the code and it doesn't work. Or proxima, or proximanova, a few combinations I thought of, no luck.

proxima-nova

Or send to forum message

Ah, thank you. Last bit of help since you're here and I've noticed this, is it possible to remove this custom CSS we've added once you click a thumbnail and are inside the new page? Like so that it's only present on the index page itself, but not anymore once you click on one of the thumbnails. It doesn't make much sense to continue to have something like "Click on the thumbnails for more." up top once you click on one and you're inside of it, when there isn't anything else to click anymore.

If you somehow know if that's possible, I'd be more than impressed because at this point that loophole doesn't seem likely...

On 5/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, czbwoi said:

Ah, thank you. Last bit of help since you're here and I've noticed this, is it possible to remove this custom CSS we've added once you click a thumbnail and are inside the new page? Like so that it's only present on the index page itself, but not anymore once you click on one of the thumbnails. It doesn't make much sense to continue to have something like "Click on the thumbnails for more." up top once you click on one and you're inside of it, when there isn't anything else to click anymore.

If you somehow know if that's possible, I'd be more than impressed because at this point that loophole doesn't seem likely...

Edit above code to

body#collection-5e72ae951e6cc747e7d6fdfd.view-list div#container-content:before {
}

Or send to forum message

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 9:44 AM, tuanphan said:

Edit above code to

body#collection-5e72ae951e6cc747e7d6fdfd.view-list div#container-content:before {
}

Sorry, I never got a notification you replied back - but the above code does the same thing as before, the text still stays there once you click on a thumbnail :/

Archived