Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Change header background color, specifically on blog posts

GrahamGraphite

Question

Hello. On my site, I have my header navigation background set to transparent on all of my pages, I have a blue background behind my headers so the navigation logo and nav items just overlay the blue background. For example, see here https://www.graphitefinancial.com/blog  or https://www.graphitefinancial.com/

However, for my blog posts I cannot add a blue background behind the header with the theme I'm using. See here: https://www.graphitefinancial.com/blog/title-growth-at-all-cost-strategies-arent-working-for-startups-heres-what-is-and-always-has.

So my logo doesn't show since it is white.

Is there a way for me to set just the blog posts to have a specific background. I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE HEADER NAV BACKGROUND COLOR ON ANY OTHER PAGE BUT A BLOG POST.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS .collection-type-blog.view-item header.Header.Header--bottom { background: blue; }  

is used: .header-menu-bg { background-color: #01013a; background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #01013a, #01013a); }

14 answers to this question

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.collection-type-blog.view-item header.Header.Header--bottom {
    background: blue;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

20 minutes ago, LuckyDave said:

Im having the exact same issue - and and the above solution from @tuanphan didn't work for me. 

Im also using version 7.1  if that helps. 

SS 7.1 blog use different class, not 

.collection-type-blog

Can you share link to blog post on your site?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

On 12/19/2019 at 6:58 PM, LuckyDave said:

Im having the exact same issue - and and the above solution from @tuanphan didn't work for me. 

Im also using version 7.1  if that helps. 

Use

.collection-type-blog-basic.view-item

11 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Use

.collection-type-blog-basic.view-item

.collection-type-blog-basic.view-item header.Header.Header--bottom {
}

Is that correct? it doesn't seem to work for me. Sorry to bother you with this and thank you for your help

15 hours ago, LuckyDave said:

.collection-type-blog-basic.view-item header.Header.Header--bottom {
}

Is that correct? it doesn't seem to work for me. Sorry to bother you with this and thank you for your help

.collection-type-blog-basic.view-item header#header {
}

15 minutes ago, LuckyDave said:

Thanks @tuanphan but Its not working for me. Is there any settings i need to adjust perhaps?

Actually - if i make the header solid as default - then perhaps i man then make transparent on certain pages?

Is there a way of targeting nav on home page and making it transparent?

13 minutes ago, LuckyDave said:

Thanks @tuanphan but Its not working for me. Is there any settings i need to adjust perhaps?

Try this

.collection-type-blog-basic-grid.view-item .header-announcement-bar-wrapper {
    background: red !important;
}

18 hours ago, sun_ said:

I'm trying to do the same thing on my main page for the header text over the banner. The above code didn't work. 

Create a question with link to your site.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:20 AM, tuanphan said:

SS 7.1 blog use different class, not 

.collection-type-blog

Can you share link to blog post on your site?

Perfect! Just ran into this issue. Thank you.