How can I change the default options for a survey form field?

As the title states, I'm trying to change the options that appear when you create a "Survey" field on a form.

By default, the options are, "Strongly Disagree," "Disagree," "Neutral," "Agree," and "Strongly Agree." However, the questions I'm trying to ask don't work semantically with those answers and I'm looking for a way for them to say something different.

Are there any CSS scripts, or maybe an HTML code, that would allow me to do this? Surely there must be a way to change it the same way we can change font sizes in forms, yeah?

Thanks for any help y'all can offer ☺️

• 3 months later...

Here's a workaround that was posted previously:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

The workaround suggested by @moovlabs is to use "radio buttons" instead of the survey option. With a line of CSS, you can modify the radio buttons so they appear on the same line. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks, @paul2009! Not sure why it won't let you see it @DiViNCi, but I'll report here. 😄

You can’t really change the Survey Options, but I was able to mess around with some css and found a great work around using the Radio option. I’ll outline the steps below.

1. Add a radio field to the form.

2015267860_ScreenShot2019-01-03at8_18_49AM.png.fa3984a4a21985b4ce45b000b199fe56.png.230f94f14b3cb5ab6bc3a725914b8cc5.png

2. Add the info and what options you’d like to use.

837212435_ScreenShot2019-01-03at8_18_55AM.png.314c2ebcf0b591e65f7d706f40f7e50a.png.1048f09d523d73554be128afcbc6fc8a.png

3. Save the page and then add this code to the custom css editor box. This will place the radio buttons next to each other, just like the survey.

.form-wrapper .field-list .field .option {width: 20%;float: left;text-align: left;margin-bottom: 30px;}

4. The result:

965427676_ScreenShot2019-01-03at8_18_16AM.png.6e1989de7756fb500b58d9d8bbcf5cd1.png.36daa77623ed1d6be70afb3100af290b.png

I hope this helps! 😄

Cody
moovlabs.com | ghostplugins.com

Cody and Team, The Ghost Co.

👻 Ghost Plugins: Over 500+ free plugins and templates for Squarespace
🎉 
Ghost MarketplaceThe very first product-based marketplace for Squarespace

• 1 year later...