Wish list or favourites code/plugin for Brine or Hyde

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

We have a bridal boutique website project where the client doesn't want to sell online, but have a wish list feature that collects dresses together which are emailed to herself and her client. We are not fixed on a template yet so we can build out on any template. The idea being that the dresses can be tried on at an appointment. 

Does anyone know of a plugin we could buy that would allow us to create a wish list which collects products and emails them?

Alternatively, we had initially thought about using the shop and disabling the pricing and adapting the button text to "add to favourites/wish list" rather than add to basket on each product page. We have been able to target the code on the item specifically to hide the price.

In order to get this to work we would need code on the "shopping cart" page 

• change the text "shopping cart"  on the shopping cart summary page to "Wish list"
  • target the price to hide
  • target the "checkout" button to change the text  "see wish list". 

We would also need to style the "checkout" page headers (squarespace seems to suggest this is not possible?)

• change "2. Payment" to "2. Contact details"
  • change "3. Review and Purchase" to "3. Review"
  • change "order summary" to "Favourites Summary"
  • change "purchase" button to "Send Favourites" button
  • if possible to hide the prices in "order summary"

Any suggestions gratefully received

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 17.27.47.png

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 17.31.00.png

• Solution

Hi @simon.cox

I've built custom solutions like this for clients (example). It's a frequent request so, to reduce the cost significantly, I've just packaged the solution as a reasonably priced Squarespace Extension and made it available for 'do-it-yourself' installation. You can find full details on our website or test it out here.

-Paul

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 6:50 PM, paul2009 said:

Hi @simon.cox

I've built custom solutions like this for clients (example). It's a frequent request so, to reduce the cost significantly, I've just packaged the solution as a reasonably priced Squarespace Extension and made it available for 'do-it-yourself' installation. You can find full details on our website or test it out here.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

Just installed, excellent job, works a treat, up and running in minutes. Highly recommend!

-John

Edited by manordoc
  • 1 month later...

Hi @paul2009, this is amazing - love the plugin you've created and keen to set it up on my site. Quick question, as I couldn't see on the demo site. Is there a way of 'favouriting' multiple products via a page that is showing more that one product of a specific category ie. this type of page, by having a small heart that a user can click on, in addition of being able to click into each and every product page and clicking on each wishlist button. Keen to avoid user fatigue, and avoid them having to go to each page to add to their wishlist and then back to the original page to continue browsing?

Thanks in advance for you help,

Hugo 

Edited by hugs

Great question @hugs. This isn't a specific feature of the wishlist, but I'll certainly consider adding it.

Customers can face this same issue on standard online stores too. We've been lobbying Squarespace to include an 'Add to Cart' button on Summary Blocks too, for the same reason. 

There is one workaround right now using Product Blocks because these already have the 'Add to..' buttons. However, they are far from the ideal solution.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 8 months later...

@aprilfordagency If you are experiencing any issues at all with any of our extensions, please log a support ticket wIth us and we’ll investigate. I will DM you.

• 2 years later...