Choppy, jumpy mobile scrolling

So I've asked the "Customer Care" team a few times about this issue.

Site scrolls fine on desktop but on mobile it is choppy and jumps up and down as you go by different content.

I've tried experimenting with parallax content on and off and other things, but it still happens. And quite frankly, just turning off parallax wouldn't be a "solution" really.

So the answer I always get is, "We're aware of this, but no ETA on a fix." That's just not acceptable. So I'm posting this to see if anyone has had any success with any hack to improve how jumpy things are on mobile.

We predominantly use Sonora and Mojave templates. Perhaps it isn't as bad on some templates?

Thanks.

Edited by Paul2009

That code injection stopped working for some reason.

We have also tried this in Custom CSS:@media only screen and (max-width: 720px) { figure[style] { transform: initial !important; } }

You can edit 720 to be whatever your breakpoint is. But this also has limited success.

Found another post that says this is due to cutting on fixed navigation in Styles. As a test we have disabled that, and for now that does seem to remove the jumpiness.

So it amazes us Squarespace techs have known about this for at least a year or two and can't figure out how to make mobile scrolling better. I would think it's in their best interest to have sites work great on mobile. No?

Will report back any new findings.

Edited by SDA
Initial Revision
  • 10 months later...

Hi SD,

I've exactly the same problem! So what I did is disable parallax on mobile, but only on mobile phones. 

I really need to fix the problem on tablet, that choppy and jumping it's really annoying! 

I've look at your link for the hack but I didn't find any answer about it, if possible can you perhaps let me get to that hack or any other solution you've found?

I'm dying to solve this problem :(  and by the way,  it's actually ridiculous they're not fixing this problem! We pay for a product that's not work as it should.

Thanks

34 minutes ago, LucasCetti said:

Hi SD,

I've exactly the same problem! So what I did is disable parallax on mobile, but only on mobile phones. 

I really need to fix the problem on tablet, that choppy and jumping it's really annoying! 

I've look at your link for the hack but I didn't find any answer about it, if possible can you perhaps let me get to that hack or any other solution you've found?

I'm dying to solve this problem :(  and by the way,  it's actually ridiculous they're not fixing this problem! We pay for a product that's not work as it should.

Thanks

If you share link to your site, we can check easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 5:28 PM, Ethan-s said:

The only workaround i've found is disabling the animations in the site styles. Ridiculous really but it's as most of our customers use mobile, it has to work FIRST TIME. Thanks Squarespace👍

I am having the same issue with the parallax scrolling effect creating a jumpy laggy experience on my mobile site. I cannot find the "animations" tab within site styles. Is animation exclusive to squarespace 7.1? I need a solution to the jumpy laggy look of my sites mobile version.

I am using Version 7.0– Brine family (Burke template): https://www.ryzeinfilms.com/

• 6 months later...

Has anyone been able to find a solution other than disabling site styles? I checked and don't have any enabled, but it still has this jumpy experience. I wonder if it is due to the first image on the page? Or maybe the padding? Although I have tried adjusting it already. So annoying!

My website is: www.maduinteriors.com 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Have there been any updates on this topic? This is the only thread I've been able to find. My site jumps around on mobile when reaching the end of any blog page. I do NOT use parallax. I did recently place ads on the site, but this problem preceded that. So the ads are NOT the problem. Rather, I was motivated to get this fixed because I don't want the perception to be that the ads are creating the glitchiness. My site: www.kimberlyessex.com

• 8 months later...