Flatiron Gallery - Space between projects

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

Hi

You didn't provide a link to your site so I can't test it for your situation, but try adding something like this to Design > Custom CSS:

/* Flatiron: Add 8px white space between index items */
/* set the white space on each side of page */
#container-content {
   padding-left: 8px!important;
   padding-right: 8px!important;
}
#grid .item {
 margin-left:-8px;
 a {
   border: 16px solid #fff;
   }
 /* Overlay size on hover */
 .wrapper {
   margin: 16px;
 }
}

Paul

Edited by paul2009
Imported from Answers

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Jany

If the margins on the left and right aren't equal it's because you've changed the numbers. The margin-left should always be (negative) half the border/wrapper margin value. So if you change line 5 to 16px, you need to change line 3 to -8. I hope that helps.

Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Yes, it bugged me too. I've amended the answer above so that there's the same around each image, including the sides :-)

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 8:58 PM, keshnadonia said:

I just wanted to say thank you Paul! this worked for me. 

www.doniastudio.co

Just want to say your site has a huge title on mobile.

You can add this CSS to reduce its size

/* project title */
@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
.project-title h2 {
    font-size: 18px !important;
}
}

image.thumb.png.5620c72fda49d3b46644d0a9eb154444.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...

Hi! Thanks so much for this, I'm noticing when using this code that the gallery images are a bit off-center now. They're skewing towards the bottom right corner. Any idea on how to fix this? I've attached the link to my website below for reference as well as an image that shows what it looks like in edit mode, it looks like the images are sitting at the corner of their respective boxes, not sure if this is what's causing the issue. Thank you! 

https://www.tylerelise.com/

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.32.36 PM.png

Edited by tylerelise
Adding image
  • 8 months later...
On 8/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, tylerelise said:

Hi! Thanks so much for this, I'm noticing when using this code that the gallery images are a bit off-center now. They're skewing towards the bottom right corner. Any idea on how to fix this? I've attached the link to my website below for reference as well as an image that shows what it looks like in edit mode, it looks like the images are sitting at the corner of their respective boxes, not sure if this is what's causing the issue. Thank you! 

https://www.tylerelise.com/

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 5.32.36 PM.png

Hey, Paul, I'm getting the same problem as tyler. When inserting the code it crops the right and bottom portion of the thumbnail. Is there a way to add spacing without cropping the imagery?