GoDaddy Connection

Hiya - any advice gratefully received! Registered domain on godaddy, but decided to use Squarespace to build the site as it offers more options to create as I wish. Followed the instructions using godaddy account to replace the settings to point to Squarespace, as it is under 60 days and no transfer. Saved, and done. My Squarespace account shows 'no domains'. Godaddy say they can't access the domain as it is no longer pointing to them. I see that it is saying 24-72 hours before it propogates....can anyone tell me if there ought to be an indication it is in progress, or does one sit tight and hope/pray/expect?

Many thanks in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/30/2024 at 1:33 PM, JamesLondon said:

My Squarespace account shows 'no domains'. 

Hi, if you are seeing this under your Squarespace dashboard, then you haven't connected your GoDaddy domain to your Squarespace website yet. 

If you have added the correct DNS settings to your GoDaddy domain, then in Squarespace, you would expect to see "connection in progress". Or "connected" if everything has propagated. 

If you can provide screenshots of your Domain settings in Squarespace, and DNS settings for your GoDaddy domain, then we can try and see what's going on. 

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)