Site Created with Canva but Not Loading to Domain

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

This is my first attempt at a website.  I have created all of the content in Canva and purchased the domain from Squarespace. I've connected my domain to Canva, though I'm not sure it was done correctly with the DNS settings.  It inconsistently works from browsers.  It will load more consistently on Chrome and I've only gotten it to open in Microsoft Edge once.  Same thing with mobile devices, it is hit or miss.  I must have the DNS settings somewhat correct since it loads intermittently, but it is so inconsistent.  I've attached screenshots of the "Coming Soon" page it lands on and the site when it actually works.  https://warriors-fastpitch.com/  I've cleared my cache and restarted my computer.  When I have others check the site, they inconsistently get it to load as well.  What am I doing wrong? Thank you so much!

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (55).png

• Solution
Posted (edited)

It looks like you've added the new 'A' record for Canva (103.169.142.0) but you haven't removed the 'A' record for Squarespace Parking (198.185.159.145). You'll want to delete this one 🙂.

image.thumb.png.52d45cbb767cdbe56223e2337c02387d.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

So do I delete the Squarespace Defaults completely? It doesn't allow me to just delete one line of them.  And thank you so much! I'm stumbling through this 😂. Never done it before but I can tell I'm sooooo close.

Screenshot_25-5-2024_105058_account.squarespace.com.jpeg

1 hour ago, stephanne18 said:

So do I delete the Squarespace Defaults completely?

Yes. If you aren't building a Squarespace website, you can remove the Squarespace defaults. 

1 hour ago, stephanne18 said:

I'm stumbling through this

Don't worry, you're not alone! Most users find the process of adding a domain to be the most complex and technical element of building a website.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Posted (edited)

Hi! I am having a similar issue. I made a website using Canva and I can't seem to get it to transfer over to my Squarespace domain. I went through and removed all other DNS reports as you mentioned above and now I get this message. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I had initially set up a template with Squarespace, then removed it. Any insight would be so helpful! I am totally stuck. I am wondering if it has something to do with the built in domain? I am assuming the Not found page is because I removed all the other DNS reports? Helppppppp. @paul2009

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.06.21 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.07.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.09.55 AM.png

Edited by delaneyjuliet
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2024 at 11:08, delaneyjuliet said:

Oi! Estou tendo um problema semelhante. Criei um site usando o Canva e não consigo transferi-lo para meu domínio do Squarespace. Examinei e removi todos os outros relatórios de DNS conforme mencionado acima e agora recebo esta mensagem. Não tenho certeza do que estou fazendo de errado. Inicialmente configurei um modelo com o Squarespace e depois o removi. Qualquer ideia seria muito útil! Estou totalmente preso. Gostaria de saber se isso tem algo a ver com o domínio integrado? Presumo que a página Não encontrado seja porque removi todos os outros relatórios DNS. Ajudapppp.@paulo2009

Captura de tela 2024-06-01 às 8.06.21 AM.png

Captura de tela 2024-06-01 às 8.07.15 AM.png

Captura de tela 2024-06-01 às 8.09.55 AM.png

Estou com o mesmo problema, alguém poderia nos ajudar? O host @ e o canva conectam, mas o www não.

On 6/1/2024 at 3:08 PM, delaneyjuliet said:

I am having a similar issue. I made a website using Canva and I can't seem to get it to transfer over to my Squarespace domain.

It looks like you have correctly added the Canva 'A' record (103.169.142.0)  to your DNS settings, but I don't see a _canva-domain-verify (TXT) record.

Did Canva provide you with details of any other records that you must add?

@yasmin1992 What is the domain name? What are the records that Canva asked you to add?

The field shown below is the one that Canva says isn't connecting. The other two are fine. But on the SquareSpace side, it's listed correctly. Shown below. SS chat help won't answer. I've emailed and they're not answering that either. Canva told me the issue is on SS side. Suggestions???

Canva:

image.png.150e97a4c8cc9b97edf2a69eb87b7b7d.png

SquareSpace:

image.thumb.png.a7142c5c10dad9efd76fff4dc8ad51e6.png

51 minutes ago, StellaAshley said:

The field shown below is the one that Canva says isn't connecting. The other two are fine. But on the SquareSpace side, it's listed correctly.

@StellaAshley How long ago did you make the changes? The screenshot shows that the Sqsp default is still live so you need to wait a while (up to 72 hours!) for the changes to take effect on all servers across the world.

If you made the change more than 72 hours ago, please share the domain name with us.

6 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

@StellaAshley How long ago did you make the changes? The screenshot shows that the Sqsp default is still live so you need to wait a while (up to 72 hours!) for the changes to take effect on all servers across the world.

If you made the change more than 72 hours ago, please share the domain name with us.

Several days ago at this point. www.stellaashley.com

2 hours ago, StellaAshley said:

www.stellaashley.com

There is currently an 'A' record for that domain with the IP address 198.185.159.145. You don’t want this. It must be removed. You'll need to go into the Domains panel in Squarespace and delete that before things will work correctly, possibly by removing the Squarespace Defaults preset, if it exists. A screenshot of your Squarespace DNS settings (all of them not just the custom ones) may help us to see the issue.

Edited by paul2009

1 minute ago, paul2009 said:

There is currently an 'A' record for that domain with the IP address 198.185.159.145. You'll need to go into the Domains panel in Squarespace and delete that before things will work correctly, possibly by removing the Squarespace Defaults preset, if it exists. A screenshot of your DNS settings (all of them not just the custom ones) may help us to see the issue.

In the DNS presets? I don't see that IP address listed. Only what I screen shot before.
Here is the full info from Canva

image.png.cd690c227bebb811807e352df8bdbfce.png

It’s the settings in Squarespace that you need to check and then amend 🙂

9 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

It’s the settings in Squarespace that you need to check and then amend 🙂

The only DNS settings I see on Squarespace are these on the screen shot here. Is there another place I need to look? 
I appreciate your help.

image.png

17 minutes ago, StellaAshley said:

The only DNS settings I see on Squarespace are these on the screen shot here. Is there another place I need to look?

Above the "Custom records" do you see "Squarespace Defaults"?

image.thumb.png.8b5a8e9a05b6272ca74968a92a06e472.png

Ok I just changed the path setting to maintain those or whatnot - and then went I went back to DNS settings the SS Defaults was there between my Email Forwarding and Custom Records. 
I just deleted it.
Fingers crossed that fixes it, but I know it can take a little bit to process.

2 hours ago, StellaAshley said:

Fingers crossed that fixes it, but I know it can take a little bit to process.

Yes, that has removed the erroneous record!

image.thumb.png.c9753d93c2b82a8dcb99591833e41527.png

I FINALLY got Canva and SS communicating the other day. All DNS settings on Canva's side are green and say CONNECTED. But now today I see my site, www.stellaashley.com is giving the 404 message again. Please assist - nothing has changed. I even went into canva and republished the site, but nothing. 

Suggestions??