Existing Subscribers Not Receiving Free PDF Email

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi all,

The Setup:  I've created a Free Glamping PDF for readers that visit our Glamping Blog Post. To obtain the PDF, the reader clicks the link, which takes them to a not-listed page with a newsletter block to capture their email address and become a new subscriber. I've set up an automation to have those that enter their email address to receive an email with the link to the PDF download.

The Issue: This works perfectly fine for "new" subscribers, but when an existing subscriber enters their email in the newsletter block, they don't receive any email from the automation to the link to the PDF download.  It seems like the "funnel" breaks with an existing subscriber.

Any thoughts on what is causing this issue?

Thank you,

Kevin

• Replies 2
  • Views 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
11 hours ago, UFA said:

I've set up an automation to have those that enter their email address to receive an email with the link to the PDF download. This works perfectly fine for "new" subscribers, but when an existing subscriber enters their email in the newsletter block, they don't receive any email

There are certain 'protections' that Squarespace built into Email Campaigns that are designed to limit inbox spam and protect subscriber privacy but these can sometimes work against you. 

For example, automations won't send to people who you have imported, manually added to your mailing list, or who were already on the list before the automation was created. Also, if someone triggers the same automation twice within 30 days, they won't receive a second automated message.

For more information, you may want to view the table Why aren't my automations sending?

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️ 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your timely and clear response. Got it and makes sense. 

Follow up question:  How would I distribute this eBook to my current subscribers if they want it?  I don't necessarily want to blast all my current subscribers with that ask. I was hoping for an easier way for them to get it.  Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Kevin