SEOSPace image compression limit.

Hi everyone. I am working on SEO and have installed SEOSpace. The site audit said that I needed to compress all of my images to less than 250K.  SS guidelines say less that 500K. 

Is it really worth it to recompress and re-upload 150 or so images?

Another dilemma is that it says my blog posts' SEO titles and descriptions need updating. I'm sure that is true, but I can't seem to find the screen to edit SEO information for individual blog posts. Am I missing it somewhere?

Thanks!

Rob Gorrell

• Replies 4
  • Views 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi - @RobGorrell,

Thank you for installing the SEOSpace plugin. I'm glad to help you with your concerns. Here are some insights that might be helpful:

• It's true that Squarespace suggests keeping images under 500K for optimal performance. However, the recommendation to compress images to less than 250K can be beneficial for site speed, which is a crucial factor in SEO. Faster loading times can improve your user experience and search engine rankings.
  • Editing SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions: You can customize SEO titles and meta descriptions for individual blog posts in the Squarespace blog editor:
    • Go to your Squarespace dashboard and select your blog.
    • Choose the post you want to edit, then click the settings > SEO > SEO title > Meta Description
    • Check out these videos for guidance:

image.thumb.jpeg.51d0cb1303ddde60ec385846dc9138ff.jpeg

I hope these insights help you. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Sadul Sifat.

SEOSpace Team

SEOSpace - The SEO Plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

seospace-logo.png

Thanks for the response @Sifat_SEOSpace!

The only thing I'd add @RobGorrell is many SEO experts actually recommend 100kb for image size, so our recommendation is in between that and what Squarespace says - it's realistically what's achievable on the platform.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

On 4/18/2024 at 12:33 PM, RobGorrell said:

Is it really worth it to recompress and re-upload 150 or so images?

Hi @RobGorrell if you are the tin lantern maker, the answer to your question is no.

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014