How do I Share a Product on multiple store pages using Categories?

How do I  Share a Product on multiple store pages using Categories?
Please check out my Surplus store.  (Still building this out)
I will eventually have 6 Store Pages
1. Industrial/Commercial  2. Construction 3. Agriculture  4. Transportation 5. Equine Equipment 6. Material Handling Equipment

I've set them up as separate stores, the ISSUE IS some stores will need to share some of the same inventory
For Instance; Click on the Industrial dropdown as well as the Construction Dropdown 
Both contain "Generators".  Seems like I could assign a category or tag to auto populate the Generator products in the other store pages.  I added both a TAG and CATEGORY labeled "GENERATORS" to the generator product to test it and It didn't work!

Unfortunately, I had to add the Generator product twice, 1 on the Industrial page and another on the Construction page. right now, I only have 1 generator listed, I will eventually have multiple generators so it seems the way SquareSpace is set up I would need to add the same products on each store page.. that's a lot of extra work!

------------
https://suziesurplus.squarespace.com/
PW: SuzieSuzie

-----------

Thanks in advance for any help on this!!!!
Maybe there is a plugin OR I'm just setting this up incorrectly???
Kelli

10 hours ago, kellijayne said:

How do I  Share a Product on multiple store pages using Categories?
Please check out my Surplus store.  (Still building this out)
I will eventually have 6 Store Pages
1. Industrial/Commercial  2. Construction 3. Agriculture  4. Transportation 5. Equine Equipment 6. Material Handling Equipment

I've set them up as separate stores, the ISSUE IS some stores will need to share some of the same inventory
For Instance; Click on the Industrial dropdown as well as the Construction Dropdown 
Both contain "Generators".  Seems like I could assign a category or tag to auto populate the Generator products in the other store pages.  I added both a TAG and CATEGORY labeled "GENERATORS" to the generator product to test it and It didn't work!

Instead of using multiple Store pages, you should be able to add all your products to a single Store page. You can add up to 10,000 products to a single Store page. If you've already added products to other Store pages then you can easily move products to another page! You can then categorise or tag products to create "virtual" store pages. For example, if you add your generator product once and then categorise or tag it as "Industrial" and "Construction", it will appear on both of these virtual pages. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2024 at 3:23 AM, paul2009 said:

Instead of using multiple Store pages, you should be able to add all your products to a single Store page. You can add up to 10,000 products to a single Store page. If you've already added products to other Store pages then you can easily move products to another page! You can then categorise or tag products to create "virtual" store pages. For example, if you add your generator product once and then categorise or tag it as "Industrial" and "Construction", it will appear on both of these virtual pages. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you Paul!
Seems like if I had just 1 store page I wouldn't be able to it set up like I do with the 6 main categories (separate pages) and dropdown menu to access each product within the 6 categories.  Would I create a page then a  blank page and add a summery block?
I don't know what this is so confusing to me, I've created over 200 SQSP sites, and only a few very simple ecommerce sites.   I'm almost to the point of asking for an expert to set it up so I can start from there 😞

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2024 at 9:46 PM, kellijayne said:

Seems like if I had just 1 store page I wouldn't be able to it set up like I do with the 6 main categories (separate pages) and dropdown menu to access each product within the 6 categories.

This is possible if you've placed all your products into a single Store page. If you've placed products in separate Store pages, you can move products between pages to place them on a single page. This single Store page will become your "Shop All" page and you can then add links to a Dropdown (in the Main Navigation or elsewhere). You can then add links for specific collections by referencing the product category.

If you have any difficulties, please move a couple of your products to the main 'Store' page and add the relevant category (or categories) to each. We can then take a look.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

On 6/19/2024 at 12:14 AM, paul2009 said:

This is possible if you've placed all your products into a single Store page. If you've placed products in separate Store pages, you can move products between pages to place them on a single page. This single Store page will become your "Shop All" page and you can then add links to a Dropdown (in the Main Navigation or elsewhere). You can then add links for specific collections by referencing the product category.

If you have any difficulties, please move a couple of your products to the main 'Store' page and add the relevant category (or categories) to each. We can then take a look.

Thanks Paul!
Let me give this a try. I haven't really started adding a lot of inventory so now would be a good time to try your suggestion.