How do I Share a Product on multiple store pages using Categories?

How do I  Share a Product on multiple store pages using Categories?
Please check out my Surplus store.  (Still building this out)
I will eventually have 6 Store Pages
1. Industrial/Commercial  2. Construction 3. Agriculture  4. Transportation 5. Equine Equipment 6. Material Handling Equipment

I've set them up as separate stores, the ISSUE IS some stores will need to share some of the same inventory
For Instance; Click on the Industrial dropdown as well as the Construction Dropdown 
Both contain "Generators".  Seems like I could assign a category or tag to auto populate the Generator products in the other store pages.  I added both a TAG and CATEGORY labeled "GENERATORS" to the generator product to test it and It didn't work!

Unfortunately, I had to add the Generator product twice, 1 on the Industrial page and another on the Construction page. right now, I only have 1 generator listed, I will eventually have multiple generators so it seems the way SquareSpace is set up I would need to add the same products on each store page.. that's a lot of extra work!

------------
https://suziesurplus.squarespace.com/
PW: SuzieSuzie

-----------

Thanks in advance for any help on this!!!!
Maybe there is a plugin OR I'm just setting this up incorrectly???
Kelli

• Replies 1
  • Views 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, kellijayne said:

How do I  Share a Product on multiple store pages using Categories?
Please check out my Surplus store.  (Still building this out)
I will eventually have 6 Store Pages
1. Industrial/Commercial  2. Construction 3. Agriculture  4. Transportation 5. Equine Equipment 6. Material Handling Equipment

I've set them up as separate stores, the ISSUE IS some stores will need to share some of the same inventory
For Instance; Click on the Industrial dropdown as well as the Construction Dropdown 
Both contain "Generators".  Seems like I could assign a category or tag to auto populate the Generator products in the other store pages.  I added both a TAG and CATEGORY labeled "GENERATORS" to the generator product to test it and It didn't work!

Instead of using multiple Store pages, you should be able to add all your products to a single Store page. You can add up to 10,000 products to a single Store page. If you've already added products to other Store pages then you can easily move products to another page! You can then categorise or tag products to create "virtual" store pages. For example, if you add your generator product once and then categorise or tag it as "Industrial" and "Construction", it will appear on both of these virtual pages. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.